Show me your Jaguar!

Uma Floresta

i will not make a guitar with cream/vintage white or mint colored anything Phil...

suprised you didnt link the horribly MSPaint resized pink pasely
:lol:

You can keep the paisley... and I'm fine with you using whatever works for you - as for me, like I said, I'll take a Jaguar (24" scale length please) with a sea foam green painjob, matching headstock, bound and blocks on the (thin) neck, and a white or mint pickguard... and a Jazzmaster pickup in the neck position.

And no, you don't have to make it for me. ;)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I want a Jag! White on white or this black and white Jags are hot! I'm really interested in the Johnny Marr sig though.
:love:

I played it at NAMM. It's pretty awesome. The neck has just a bit more girth in the shoulders than a standard AVRI, which isn't really my thing, but the rest of it is aces.

• Members

I played it at NAMM. It's pretty awesome. The neck has just a bit more girth in the shoulders than a standard AVRI, which isn't really my thing, but the rest of it is aces.

Thanks for the feedbacks! A local store has ordered one, and I wish to have the chance to try it. Jag/Jazz are not very popular around here, so it should not be sold to fast :)

2011-12-11_11-15-45_781.jpg

Mastery Bridge AND a Buzz Stop! Now that's a Jag that isn't going to have bridge buzzing or sustain issues. :lol:

That's a nice looking guitar you have there. :) Are those P90s or Jazzmaster pups? And, on second look, I'm not sure if that's a Mastery or not... it's definitely not stock. What is it?

• Members

Very nice Bart!
:cool:
What can you tell us about them?

From left to right:

2009 AVRI. The easiest one to play among the 3. Wish I kept this one.

1990s MIJ Jazzmaster. It sounded sweet with the Lollar JM pups. I couldn't get the string action low enough to comfortably play so I sold it. And, I seem to prefer Jaguar's shorter scale.

2008 CIJ Jaguar. It was another player. But the AVRI has a more comfortable neck than this one. I kept it stock.

• Members

Mastery Bridge AND a Buzz Stop! Now that's a Jag that isn't going to have bridge buzzing or sustain issues.
:lol:

That's a nice looking guitar you have there.
:)
Are those P90s or Jazzmaster pups? And, on second look, I'm not sure if that's a Mastery or not... it's definitely not stock. What is it?

Thanks guys! It's actually a Babicz Full Contact Hardware tune-o-matic. My buddy had to drill some of the body out and put a shim on the side pocket of the neck to get the string alignment right but so far I love it. You can feel the whole guitar resonate as you play. The pickups are Seymour Duncan P-Rails, and the controls for them (Single Coil, P90, Series, Parallel Modes) are under the 3 way switch. I really love it!

Archived