Gibson Midtown Custom

warioblast

• Members

It looks and sounds like the Henry J "Help Me I'm {censored}ed" special. I played one last week and my Epi dot played and sounded phenomenally better. However I did play a used 2001 or so Les Paul Studio that did sound great. Gibson is going to go belly up and hopefully when they do hopefully someone more concerned with quality & workmanship will buy it.

• Members

They are now using "layered fingerboards". If they import thin strips of rosewood and glue them together they can get around the ban. Read all about it:

I forgot to put why in my sentence.. totally changed the meaning! haha!

They'd be better off using granadillo.. or some other type of wood. It's not like they are using the "traditional" fingerboard anymore.. might as well find a substitute.

This company is such a joke..

• 8 years later...
  • Members

I've had mine since 2014 and it still plays great. I got it for $700 open box. It had a grain imperfection that was the only cosmetic issue I found. Absolutely gorgeous in heritage burst. Only the free Gibson USA hard-case seems cheap but free with a 700 dollar open box Gibson, I'll take it! Thank God for all the haters who drove the price down.  I Thank You!

Archived