My uncle wants a small tube amp loud enough for small, light, gigs. Ideas?

ILOVEMYFENDER

• Members

He also wants it to be purchasable through guitar center as he works there and will get major discounts. Wattage doesn't really matter, as long as it has loud, strong cleans. he will be using pedals for dirt and delay, doesn't need verb. Less than $400 preferably.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was gonna say Vox AC4. Mine is loud as {censored}, and they're really cheap. It's not going to be insanely clean if he's in a loud band, but you said for light gigs. Mic that thing up, and it's good to go. I used mine in a rehearsal with a Dr. Scientist The Elements, and everyone there was very complimentary of the tone. :idk:

• Members

I was gonna say Vox AC4. Mine is loud as {censored}, and they're really cheap. It's not going to be insanely clean if he's in a loud band, but you said for light gigs. Mic that thing up, and it's good to go. I used mine in a rehearsal with a Dr. Scientist The Elements, and everyone there was very complimentary of the tone.
:idk:

How well do these do the ac 15/30 chime?

• Members

Fender Pro or Blues Junior would be good, I'd assume they're in budget with the discount he's getting.

Those new Ampeg GVTs could be worth checking out too, they come feature packed, full EQ, reverb and effects loop for delay, head or combo options too.

• Members

The classic 30 looks out of his price range.

I'd rather buy a used C30 for $320 than any new amp under $400 at GC (with whatever discounts).

loud cleans

sounds good

durable

Edit: but if it HAS to be something from GC, I'd absolutely go with the latest Blues Junior.

• Members

This will be recommended promptly. The classic 30 looks out of his price range.

I have the Special 6 Ultra, which has a dirt channel. I prefer pedal dirt, so I'd recommend the regular Special 6. Oh, and this takes pedals really well, and has an effects loop.

Archived