Do you strap it on high or low?

CaliStyle

• Members

How long or short do you wear your strap? I aways thought the higher, the easier it would be to play but tonight just for fun I had the guitar slung kinda low, and it felt real comfortable playing leads and rythm. So how do you wear your guitar and why?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to be low, now it's high.

Like my pants. Such is old age.

:lol:

OTOH, the heck with that! I'll wear my guitar around my knees ala Johnny Ramone until the day I... well, no I won't - I never have. :lol::o It worked for him, but I was never into the ultra low-slung guitar. It's too hard to play it like that - at least it is for me. YMMV.

I don't want to be scraping my chin on the thing either though. ;)

I normally wear mine the same as I did back when I was a teenager - so that the upper waist curve of the guitar body sits an inch or two below my ribs. That's where it "feels" right to me, and it's low enough that I don't feel like a dork, and high enough that I can actually play it.... if you can call what I do "playing." ;):D

• Members

Low for bass. Mediumish for guitar.

This,

When i play bass its usually in the crotchular area as long as i'm not playing chords on bass or anything crazy, its just more comfortable for my hands and arms. But guitar is usually centered between my belly button and the afore mentioned crotchular area. I used to have the guitar slung low, like ridiculously low, like chains added on to the end of the all ready as long as it gets strap (i'm 6'4" without shoes) low, but playing chords was near impossible and my wrist started hating me after a while.

Archived