New Rack Day: Alesis Midiverb II (video inside)

gambit

• Members

Just noodling..

[video=youtube;FDmCoKjPTcQ]

this is the biggest reverb on it. Reeally nice lofi and deep but no parameter editing is a bit annoying for missing those little tweaks.

Some of the reverse modes are actually quite cool. Chorus' are alright.. Not too 'digital' sounding and a little different.

The panning flangers sound like lofi junkies with the mix at 100% (to me anyway) the delays sound good but are all fixed times an feedback settings.

• Members

Would you recommend one of these then ? I tend to use delay mostly, rarely use reverb, probably because ive never played one i really liked and i tend to just add a touch of amp rdverb from my Fender

What reverbs have you tried previously?

I don't know the going rate in the UK, but you can pick them up pretty cheaply here in the U.S. Got mine for $25 off Craigslist. If you find that you don't like it, you can always sell it and likely break even. I have it placed after my pedals and right before the amp and it doesn't negatively affect the signal when bypassed. It does use an ac adapter, so if you pick one up, make sure it's included.

• Members

Would you recommend one of these then ? I tend to use delay mostly, rarely use reverb, probably because ive never played one i really liked and i tend to just add a touch of amp rdverb from my Fender

i wouldn't recommend it if you just want a touch of amp reverb. i mean, the reverse, bloom, and this Hall mode are all pretty interesting and might be unique to this particular rack, but i'll probably sell it on and 'upgrade' to one of the more tweakable Alesis racks which are more like

Archived