New toys of the year???

Jcat5150

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh man, where did you find a DE7 for $25?

I shouldn't say, because there's already too much competition on there now (whereas before it was easy to get great deals), but guitarcenter.com's used section. It was actually listed for less than $20, but after tax and shipping, it was around $25. Not the best deal I've ever gotten on a DE7 though. About a year ago, my local GC sold me a used one for like $14. Crazy.

• Members

I shouldn't say, because there's already too much competition on there now (whereas before it was easy to get great deals), but guitarcenter.com's used section. It was actually listed for less than $20, but after tax and shipping, it was around $25. Not the best deal I've ever gotten on a DE7 though. About a year ago, my local GC sold me a used one for like $14. Crazy.

Oh my lord, thanks for sharing. How many DE7's do you own now?

• Members

Oh my lord, thanks for sharing. How many DE7's do you own now?

unfortunately, only one. I've bought three total, but I keep buying them cheap and then thinking, "well I don't use delay that much, so I might as well flip this" and then I see another great deal and buy one and the cycle starts again. But, I think I'll keep this last one. I still don't use delay enough to justify all the delays I have, but it's probably my favorite small delay and I've found I really enjoy the sound of its oscillations more than almost all other oscillating delays I've tried.

• Members

unfortunately, only one. I've bought three total, but I keep buying them cheap and then thinking, "well I don't use delay that much, so I might as well flip this" and then I see another great deal and buy one and the cycle starts again. But, I think I'll keep this last one. I still don't use delay enough to justify all the delays I have, but it's probably my favorite small delay and I've found I really enjoy the sound of its oscillations more than almost all other oscillating delays I've tried.

Sweet deal man. I dig it a lot as well.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

GEORGE: What's in it?

JERRY: Grandpa clothes. I can't wear them.

KRAMER: (Pulls out some socks) You want these? Knee socks. You don't wear knee socks.

JERRY: No, go ahead. (Looks around his apartment) Look at this place. I can't wait to get it cleaned.

GEORGE: I know someone who'll do it. She's good. She's honest.

JERRY: No, Elaine got this writer friend from Finland, Rava. Her boyfriend goes to Columbia grad school, and he's suppose to do it.

GEORGE: Students can't clean. It's anathema. (Jerry's confused) ..They don't like it.

JERRY: How long have you been waiting to squeeze that into a conversation?

(Kramer pulls a statue out of the box)

KRAMER: Now this, I like.

(George's eyes light up when he sees the statue)

GEORGE: Wait a second. I can't believe this! Let me see this.

KRAMER: (Getting possesive) Wait, wait, wait..

GEORGE: Let me just see it.

KRAMER: Come on..

(The both grab it)

GEORGE: Let me just see it for a second. Oh my God, it's exactly the same!

JERRY: What?

GEORGE: When I was ten years old, my parents had this very same statue on the mantle of our apartment. Exactly. And, one day, I grabbed it, and I was using it as a microphone. I was singing, "MacArthur Park", and I got to the part about, "I'll never have that recipe again," and it slipped out of my hand and it broke. My parents looked at me like I smashed the ten commandments. To this day, they bring it up. It was the single most damaging experience in my life, aside from seeing my father naked.

(George grips the statue, but Kramer wont let go. They start to fight for it)

KRAMER: C'mon, George. I saw it first.

GEORGE: No, Kramer. I have to have this statue.

KRAMER: No, I got dibs!

GEORGE: What? No dibs! I need this statue. C'mon, give it!

JERRY: (Stepping in) Spread out, spread out you numbskulls. Why don't you just settle it like mature adults?

KRAMER: Potato man!

GEORGE: No, no, no potato man.. Inka-dink.

(Kramer and George both visibly add up in their heads to see who would lose if Inka-Dink was the way to go)

KRAMER: Okay.. start with me.

GEORGE: Yeah, good, good.

Archived