New toys of the year???

Jcat5150

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
bought a SS/BS {censored} OD, an EQD hummingbird, and wilson 12 position wah.

You're a garnerean right?

nope, we ended up going for a house here in raleigh- east raleigh i guess. not a bad area, about a 1/4 acre. for raleigh i think thats a decent size lot.
i dont think ill be able to walk around naked with guns like i was planning originally. :cry:

• Members

nope, we ended up going for a house here in raleigh- east raleigh i guess. not a bad area, about a 1/4 acre. for raleigh i think thats a decent size lot.

i dont think ill be able to walk around naked with guns like i was planning originally.
:cry:

ah cool. mojo sent.

but at least it's not knightdale amiright?

• Members

While trying to sell/trade away a guitar I don't need and probably shouldn't have bought I found a brand new Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 head for less than half the new price, a local shop is no longer a Mesa dealer and decided to unload their remaining stock at a steep discount so I picked it up today. Now I have a 6505+ and a MIM Tele to get rid of so I can buy a cab for this amp.

• Members

No new nothing for me this year... except the Tele custom I got last month, the Jazzmaster I just got last friday and now I have crazy, stupid GAS for the Squier Tele-Jazzmaster hybrid thing.

I also THINK I need an OD-3 type pedal and a MKII type fuzz.

• Members

Flanger Hoax, and a Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus on the way. Thinking of selling my Space for a Hall of Fame (because I just don't use it much).

Cosmichorus was a quality purchase. Sold the space and am replacing with a hall of fame and roto choir.

• Members

So far I haven't mad any guitar purchases, but I did get a Korg Kp3 and a Mikro Maschine. I'm also thinking about buying parts to have a jazzmaster built.

How are you liking the Mikro Maschine? I had the regular Maschine for a bit but I just never got into it, I think I'm too used to the workflow of the MPC's I had back in the day.

• Members

How are you liking the Mikro Maschine? I had the regular Maschine for a bit but I just never got into it, I think I'm too used to the workflow of the MPC's I had back in the day.

I only got it the other day so I'm still in the finding my way around it stage. I basically got it to replace my asr-x and then some and I think for that it will be good. For some reason I have a terrible time sequencing in DAW's and have only really been good at using the asr-x's sequencer.

• Members

I only got it the other day so I'm still in the finding my way around it stage. I basically got it to replace my asr-x and then some and I think for that it will be good. For some reason I have a terrible time sequencing in DAW's and have only really been good at using the asr-x's sequencer.

I'm the same way, I got around easily on my MPC 2000XL and MPC 1000, DAWs are so tedious in comparison. I'm hoping if I get in early on the new Bitwig DAW it'll be easier to keep up and I'm considering picking up the Teenage Engineering OP-1 this summer if I have some spare cash, seems like a fun little synth/sequencer.

• Members

Budget bargains for me...

An early grey box Arion SOD1 Overdrive for 10 quid - sounds GREAT!
A Zoom RFX300, which I have really no need for but it was really cheap and it'll come in handy one day.
and a busted Groove Tubes STPG1 amp that I got for 20 quid and hope to fix up and make a head shell for. If I'm lucky and can get it working it'll basically be a Deulxe reverb type amp for cheapz.

GrooveTubes_amp_front.jpg

Archived