Digitech RP500 or Line 6 Pod X3 Live??

Digangi

• Members

I need some opinions on which unit is more versatile and just sounds better. I currently have the RP500 but I have been thinking of picking up a used X3 Live to use at church. Should I just save my money and continue using the RP500 or would I be better served with the Pod?

• Members

I have been gigging with an RP500 and love it so much I'm moving up to an RP1000 just for the added effect loops and I want to use my amps preamp straight out some. I've never had an X3 but have tried to love two different Line 6 Spider Valve Mk. II amps w/ shortboards and kept going back to the Digitech. Never got either dialed in to use them live.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I don't think there is a way to predict which is better for any individual. I've had both and liked both. I will say that I really bonded with the XT Live for a while. So easy to dial in some great tones. Same with the X3.

My advice is to get what you have a hankering for and sell something later. IOW, go for it. Otherwise you will always be wondering. That in my mind is the most compelling reason.

• Members

I liked the RP500 a ton. I can say without hesitation that getting an X3 will be a significant downgrade regarding effects and at most a side grade amp wise. I had a POD HD500 and Digitech GSP1101 but recently picked up a Kemper Profiler. The GSP ain't going anywhere, the HD500 was sold off even before the Kemper arrived.

Archived