Reverbs: Is there anything else close to the Space's functionality?

V

• Members

Ok, so I am seriously deficient in the Reverb area. I have a Hall of Fame which sounds pretty good but I want to get something that does 100% wet signal. I am considering just going all the way and getting a high end reverb. So I am wondering, does anything approach the Space in terms of functionality?

• Members

The space is overkill. I'm seriously curious about the people who do own it.. how much it they actually use.

I dunno. I don't feel like it's overkill for what I like to do. I'm into like psychedelic/shoegazer music and i also write music for horror movies. Seems perfect.

• Members

I'm looking forward to trying the new Source Audio Dimension Reverb - the multiple functions of the option knob (as well as the midi and expression options) make it seem like a nice midway point between the Space and most average verb pedals.

Soundblox2_NAMM_Ad.jpg

Hmm. Are their pedals good? I don't really know anything about this brand.

Also, there's no convolution reverb pedal made by anyone is there? Convolution is by far my favorite type of reverb.

• Members

V, you let me try your amps and I'll bring my Space. To be honest I actually would not consider the Space "functional". For me that means I can conjure up a wealth of tones on the fly but the Space is best utilized as a very powerful, set it and forget kinda thing... Very similar to how I imagine a rack kinda guy needs to approach his tunes. Well in advance you build presets for various songs, parts, phrases etc and you simply recall them. It operates as a direct opposite to how I view EHX stuff.

• Members

V, you let me try your amps and I'll bring my Space. To be honest I actually would not consider the Space "functional". For me that means I can conjure up a wealth of tones on the fly but the Space is best utilized as a very powerful, set it and forget kinda thing... Very similar to how I imagine a rack kinda guy needs to approach his tunes. Well in advance you build presets for various songs, parts, phrases etc and you simply recall them. It operates as a direct opposite to how I view EHX stuff.

Yeah, I'd mainly be using it in a studio setting, I think. I record much more than I play out, so I'm not all that worried about, like, recalling presets on the fly.

• Members

Hmm. Are their pedals good? I don't really know anything about this brand.

Also, there's no convolution reverb pedal made by anyone is there? Convolution is by far my favorite type of reverb.

Their pedals are great. Top quality digital...I'm pretty biased, but I think you would love the pro multiwave distortion. I recently got the pro classic distortion too, and it took me a while to bond with it, but I love it for low & medium gain stuff now that I've learned all the ins and outs of it. The tonebender and octave fuzz modes are especially nice.

Some cool nerdy tech stuff about the multiwave pedals is explained in here:

I don't know about convolution reverb in a pedal...Magicstomp maybe?

• Members

That Source Audio looks promising. I'm still thinking one day I should get their EQ. Very different look too.

The EQ pedal is the same EQ as the ones in the Soundblox Pro distortion units, which all have a clean mode and 2 more presets, so you're even better off with one of those if you don't mind the real estate. It does do the scrolling through presets pattern-trem thing though, which is pretty cool. Starts around 4:25...

• Members

I'm going to have to check out some more of this Soundblox stuff. Seems like they do some interesting stuff.

Anyway, for now i will be shortly joining the ranks of the spacetimeline doucherati. :cool:

• Members

I don't think I've watched that whole video before, but that auto scrolling feature towards the end was great. Almost sounds like a step filter is on, very cool when this is engaged, it's like getting a whole extra pedal with this feature. I'm thinking I need this more than a boost pedal. Hmmm...

Archived