Cheap friends...

Capsule

• Members

A bit of a rant i guess.

I had a old friend from uni come stay with me for the weekend while my girl friend was away on a work related trip, kind of a boys weekend thing as he needed to get away from his girl for a bit. Dude and especially his girl friend are cheap {censored}ers and since he's been with this girl he's obviously became worse.

Of course i bought food, beer, wine all that {censored} as i wanted to have stuff in the house. Guy shows up and i of course offer him a couple things which hes happy to take and its all good. He brought less with him than i would if i were going to a dinner party. Over the weekend we go snowboarding, play video games and chill out. He leaves and i survey the damage.

All the beer is gone, i had one. Two bottles of wine were gone (i helped with that, NBD..) and the thing that pisses me off the most is that he somehow managed to destroy 2 lbs of Intelligentsia black cat espresso beans which in canada are about $40...In two {censored}ing days... That would have lasted me and my girl 2 weeks probably. On top of that every time he used my super-automatic espresso machine (TGP'd) he didn't clean and rinse as i told him to so know that {censored}er is all gummed up and i might have to take it in for a service (more $$$).

Now this alone is not that huge of a deal except that i invited him and his girl on a trip at new years to a good friends place in the mountains and he did the exact same thing to this guy, even though he barely knew him. Never chipped in for dinners, bought wine etc. I actually went out and replaced the {censored} he used for him before i left that time. Dude treats peoples places like a hostel and then steals food out of the fridge when no ones looking.

So. For me if i go somewhere for a weekend or an evening etc i bring something. Bottle of wine, whatever. And i don't take advantage of people generosity and if i feel that i went overboard i go out and replace the stuff i used or buy the person a gift to show my appreciation etc. Its just not in me to act like that, and have a blatant disregard for other peoples stuff.

Dudes my boy and everything but {censored}...

Anyone else have friends like this?

/CSB /Rant

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hate that {censored}, and I cut those people out of my life. Helping a friend in need in desperate times is nice, but feeding a {censored}ing mooch is no fun at all. You should've stabbed him in the throat, cut out your espresso from his stomach and then placed him in a shallow grave for the bears to find and feed.

• Members

Dude I love you man, but your being a woman.

Your supposed to call him on his bull{censored}, call him a name and high five after breaunderstanding eachother.

you underestimate me breau... that {censored} was done post-haste the moment i saw that {censored}.

• Members

You know, I'm a generous enough guy, but I don't like being taken advantage of.

I remember with one of my old housemates/good friends, I spent 3 months buying all of his groceries for him because he was out of work and he was a depressed mess. Just trying to be a good friend and help, you know. And he then turns round and steals alcohol from me when I'm away for the weekend. Talk about a kick in the teeth. We ended up evicting him because he went {censored}ing mental and spent a few weeks living under the dining table and drinking everyone's booze dry whilst we were at work.

• Members

yea, def had had friends like that. free riders.

its ok i guess if theyre in a tough spot, have no money, i dont mind paying for some stuff if i've got hte funds and can afford it. sounds like that might have been the case possibly? :idk: you and your TGP espresso machine :p

had enough time where we go out as a group to a bar or something and people just bail, leave, too drunk to pay leaving me and a couple others with the whole tab

• Members

I don't have any friends like that.....though... a friend of mine does... can't stand the guy.... for example, last Friday we went by her for her birthday, I brought a six pack of beer for me and a bottle of wine as a gift for her... I put my beer and the wine in the fridge... This dude comes in with NOTHING goes to the fridge and pops open a beer... no biggie, i don't mind sharing A beer with the guy... but then he gets another and another and my beers are done... Another guest brings a bottle of Chocolate infused vodka for the B'day girl... before SHE could even get a taste of it, this douche opens the bottle and starts sharing it out... by the end of the night she's left with about 1/4 of the bottle and I saw her take maybe two shots.... {censored} like that really pisses me off... There was another time we went to the pub during world cup to look at a game... it was maybe 6 of us and we are all drinking, this douche runs off before the bills comes, this is after he's been drinking for about 4 hours AND has had lunch on the tables bill... One of my friends was going to pay the bill till we called the asshole and made him come back to the pub and settle his bill... worst part is.. it's not like he's broke or anything.. he's a manager in a bank... so he gets a decent enough salary to pay his way... {censored}er is just a moocher... what a douche

• Members

I don't have any friends like that.....though... a friend of mine does... can't stand the guy.... for example, last Friday we went by her for her birthday, I brought a six pack of beer for me and a bottle of wine as a gift for her... I put my beer and the wine in the fridge... This dude comes in with NOTHING goes to the fridge and pops open a beer... no biggie, i don't mind sharing A beer with the guy... but then he gets another and another and my beers are done... Another guest brings a bottle of Chocolate infused vodka for the B'day girl... before SHE could even get a taste of it, this douche opens the bottle and starts sharing it out... by the end of the night she's left with about 1/4 of the bottle and I saw her take maybe two shots.... {censored} like that really pisses me off... There was another time we went to the pub during world cup to look at a game... it was maybe 6 of us and we are all drinking, this douche runs off before the bills comes, this is after he's been drinking for about 4 hours AND has had lunch on the tables bill... One of my friends was going to pay the bill till we called the asshole and made him come back to the pub and settle his bill... worst part is.. it's not like he's broke or anything.. he's a manager in a bank... so he gets a decent enough salary to pay his way... {censored}er is just a moocher... what a douche

sounds like a real:

ragecomic.png

Archived