Great Deal On Strangs

Aaron SS

• Members

since my suhr came with them from the factory I've been totally hooked. They sound like guitar strings but they last like 6 months. boom.

mcnabbanov L&M may have some of these packs for the same price, if I recall they were being sold for the same price for inventory clearout.

• Members

Elixir is its own company... make their own strings.

At least that's what my guitar instructer said who owns a music store.

highly unlikley.

elixir strings are manufactured by W.L Gore and Associates, more well known for the fabric "Gore-tex"

to build an incredibly sophisticated manufacturing facility just to manufacture a product that is a very small part of your core business would be foolish. And consider D'addario is the largest manufacturer of strings, and have a very large list of companies they OEM for, I'd say the rumors (that I too have heard) could be true.

That being said, just because they could be manufactured by D'addario does not mean they are in any way like D'addarios, as different specifications could be used.

• Members

Disagree with this, though. They age fast, and not gracefully either.

they are not for everyone, as it depends on the goop that comes from your hands. I've seen guys "flake" them up really fast. For me, they last ages playing them every day.

I change my strings every 5-6 months.

• Members
they are not for everyone, as it depends on the goop that comes from your hands. I've seen guys "flake" them up really fast. For me, they last ages playing them every day.

That's definitely the thing about them, is that not everyone will treat them the same way. I play with my pick at an angle, so it tends to dig/scrape the strings a little bit which undoubtedly accelerates the wear on coated strings. Glad they hold up to your liking, though. :cool:

• Members

That's definitely the thing about them, is that not everyone will treat them the same way. I play with my pick at an angle, so it tends to dig/scrape the strings a little bit which undoubtedly accelerates the wear on coated strings. Glad they hold up to your liking, though.
:cool:

don't blame your picking technique.

its your gross oily skin.

• Members

highly unlikley.

elixir strings are manufactured by W.L Gore and Associates, more well known for the fabric "Gore-tex"

to build an incredibly sophisticated manufacturing facility just to manufacture a product that is a very small part of your core business would be foolish. And consider D'addario is the largest manufacturer of strings, and have a very large list of companies they OEM for, I'd say the rumors (that I too have heard) could be true.

That being said, just because they could be manufactured by D'addario does not mean they are in any way like D'addarios, as different specifications could be used.

I guess my sarcasm didn't come out well...

I disliked my guitar instructors opinion.. he was very pretentious.

• Members

since my suhr came with them from the factory I've been totally hooked. They sound like guitar strings but they last like 6 months. boom.

mcnabbanov L&M may have some of these packs for the same price, if I recall they were being sold for the same price for inventory clearout.

That's exactly how I got hooked :thu:

Archived