OS X Mountain Lion

TravvyBear

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They've got my attention, but we'll see. I'm still using snow leopard.

I'm still on Snow Leopard, too. I don't know how many incremental improvements they're going to have to make before I nut up. I've had this MBP for 2.5 years and it's starting to get a little fritzy. I was going to buy and install some pretty expensive software, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it without a fresh install. I wish there was a tool/app that allowed you to use an external harddrive as a clone of your current harddrive, but with the ability to select what content gets copied. Fresh start, but from square 3 or 4. :idk:

Is seamless integration with your iPhone (if you have one) worth the extra $30whatever dollars?

• Members

Already? Damn. I wonder how much it will be?

Thats what I'm curious about too.

Leopard was $149

Snow Leopard was $29.99

Lion was $29.99 as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mountain Lion was 19.99, hell I wouldn't be surprised if they released for free as a Lion only upgrade.

• Members

i configured a mac on their website with my minimum requirements except for harddrive space which I just end up running out of whether i have 50 GB or 3 TB.

2800$

no {censored}ing way, no {censored}ing way in hell. the computer I'm on now is still hot stuff and i built it for around 1000$ 4 years ago, the specs I get for 2800$ won't last for 2 years.

• Members

From what I hear they're going to be doing annual updates, like they do with IOS.

I'm liking Lion. My 'pooter was acting a bit slow with it (it's an '07 black macbook, the oldest machine that will take Lion) but now I've maxed the RAM (4GB, but the motherboard can only use a max of 3GB :lol:), put a new bigger HD in and clean installed Lion it's running like a dream.

• Members

i configured a mac on their website with my minimum requirements except for harddrive space which I just end up running out of whether i have 50 GB or 3 TB.

2800$

no {censored}ing way, no {censored}ing way in hell. the computer I'm on now is still hot stuff and i built it for around 1000$ 4 years ago, the specs I get for 2800$ won't last for 2 years.

Yup, they're expensive. But worth it. They also never really lose their value, I can sell my 09 Macbook white for around 600 bucks still.

Did you configure a Mac Pro or an iMac?

• Members

Dewd, get dat Lion.

Eh, it seems like I finally have to pony up for Snow Leopard. I could use the cash in other places than in endless software updates. Besides, I plan to upgrade the memory on my Macbook. I could put all that money towards a tube amp or get a nice pedal with it, so I feel iffy.

• Members

That's ridiculous. They shouldn't call them all OSX if they're sequential.

They're all variants of the same operating system with extra apps and features thrown in. They're not quite that breakthrough.

You best believe OS XI will {censored}ing rule.

Archived