ok, I'm going to buy a Kia Sportage EX this weekend. Talk me out of it.

Fusion1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not a fan of Kia despite their leaps and bounds they've made in quality. They're still cheap cars and corners obviously are cut to make their prices.

But, that Sportage is decently attractive as far as little sport utility things go and you'll have a new car with a warranty for not a lot of cash. And really, why the hell should I care if you buy a Kia. If you want to live with it- go for it. I hope you enjoy it.

• Members

I had one on hire for a weekend. I wanted to hate it but it was ok. However you will spend a lot of time at a petrol station. (Petrol is the proper word for gas, for those who habitually butcher the English language).

• Members

My mom recently got an Optima (whatever the one with the turbo is), and she loves it. It's actually damn fast, too. Class leading horsepower, IIRC. Paddle shifters, AC in the seats, heated front and rear seats, pretty nifty computer system rigs all the electronics together. All in all, I'd say you have a hard time finding a new car with a better cost/value ratio.

That said, I'd keep an eye on the used market and try to get out of dodge before the value plummets. :idk:

Really, though, they're great cars (for now), and I can't figure out where they cut corners..

• Members

ACtually right now, used car prices are at an all time high, and when you figure in higher cost for financing (unless you're paying cash) there are some cases were a new car is actually cheaper (I saw a comparison chart on MSNBC that took in all factors). This is because for a while people weren't buying that many new cars 2-4 years, so there are less used cars now available, unless you want really used. In a couple of years, the prices for used cars will come down and be a better value.

• Members

ACtually right now, used car prices are at an all time high, and when you figure in higher cost for financing (unless you're paying cash) there are some cases were a new car is actually cheaper (I saw a comparison chart on MSNBC that took in all factors). This is because for a while people weren't buying that many new cars 2-4 years, so there are less used cars now available, unless you want really used. In a couple of years, the prices for used cars will come down and be a better value.

Interesting. I've been overseas for 3 years now. I didn't realize that has occured.

Archived