OS X Mutantes Fuzz Box

Hiwatt Bob

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

So i got my pedal today--it is fucking DOHP as fuck. love it. actually one of the best all around fuzzes i've ever played. was expecting a one trick pony--like frizzled out mutantes fuzz toanz and that's it. but it is actually a very full bodied fuzz with plenty of low end. it also cleans up VERY well, retaining low end when it cleans up.

I told Creepy Fingers he needs to make this a regular production pedal--it's that good. definitely not just an Os Mutantes fuzz. i could honestly gig with this pedal as my only fuzz/gain/od--i only have a couple pedals i could do that with (Fleshhead, germ fuzz face).

I have a demo loading, will post it when it's up. In the meantime--here's the pr0n:

fe2ab9da.jpg

aa9f5f4e.jpg

• Members

Yup, Brad is good people and makes awesome fuzz boxes. I'm hoping to pick up a Fuzz Fight sometime in the near future. I'm looking forward to your demos of it. What does the selector switch do? What are the controls? Volume, fuzz, bass/tone?

Oh, and dibs on any future flip.

• Members

Yup, Brad is good people and makes awesome fuzz boxes. I'm hoping to pick up a Fuzz Fight sometime in the near future. I'm looking forward to your demos of it. What does the selector switch do? What are the controls? Volume, fuzz, bass/tone?

Oh, and dibs on any future flip.

This definitely will NOT be flipped. this sir is a keeper. get yr own.

from left to right: volume, fuzz, tone. the switch is like a diode switch? basically it boosts the output a TON and in doing so cleans up the fuzz gain slightly. I like it with the switch off--more compressed and it still has more than enough output. the switch actually kind of makes it more usuable as a boost/OD.

• Members

thanks for the demo. It does sound good! Looks like a fun fuzz to have.. maybe some of the Basic Audio ones could be on the same family of sounds?

thanks! i'm not very familiar with the Basic Audio stuff--do they sound similar?

Archived