What do we have in the market for INTERESTING delays?

• Members

Just having a search, i'm not really coming across anything particularly interesting. I mean in terms of unique features. Tonal quality isn't something of major importance. More a delay that offers different functionality. Expression control is a start, but forget tap tempo and dotted 8ths and whatnot. I'm not interested in something to use for lush delays during a verse, or background ambience, or slap back.

What is there that is different, unusual and interesting? I'm bored with delays at the moment, and i'm barely using my Strymon El Cap. Even it's expression capabilities aren't keeping me content.

Is there anything?

• Members

*flamesuit on*

The Timeline has some pretty interesting delays... step filter, lo-fi, patterns, octave & pitch delays, reverse, and a lot more...

I agree. I dont get all the hate. I keep finding more ways to use mine.

That being said, the Sitori Sonics Tapeworm is pretty crazy. It has a dedicated synth, and an EXPLODE button. :thu:

• Members

Just having a search, i'm not really coming across anything particularly interesting. I mean in terms of unique features. Tonal quality isn't something of major importance. More a delay that offers different functionality. Expression control is a start, but forget tap tempo and dotted 8ths and whatnot. I'm not interested in something to use for lush delays during a verse, or background ambience, or slap back.

What is there that is different, unusual and interesting? I'm bored with delays at the moment, and i'm barely using my Strymon El Cap. Even it's expression capabilities aren't keeping me content.

Is there anything?

Sounds to me like you simply dont need a delay.

• Members

Get something cheap that will go 100% wet. Run it ina parallel loop with other cheap pedals, such as a pitch shifter, phaser or a flanger. All of a sudden you have a delay which has any of those effects only on the repeats (not on your dry signal). For even weirder results, try the same approach but using a feedback loop.

• Members

I guess i mean interesting in terms of functionality. I don't really find quirky, crazy sounds to be my thing. The Timeline would be complete overkill.

Oddly enough, i think i may go back to a DD-6. The HOLD mode was great, and i wouldn't mind playing around with a feedback loop using the stereo ins/outs.

Ideally, what i want from a delay would probably be best achieved with software, although that's not a road i really want to go down.

• Members

such as?

Momentary switching. Being able to have delay double upon itself with each repeat. A switch to enable the input, when the pedal is bypassed. Effects loop. Expression control. A wider range of parameters. These are just a few things i'd find interesting. Obviously i wouldn't expect everything (although software can do this), but the general concept of delay is extremely broad. I just don't find much out there that interests me. I'm just looking for something that lets me use delay in a different manner. All these crazy sounds doesn't really do it for me anymore.

I just wish someone would take the general idea of delay and do something different with it.

Archived