Now I Am No Expert... (Praise and Worship content)

six acre lake

• Members

But as I understand it, the genre on a whole, as explained here by various players in defense of the boring style, P&W tunes are to be simple, no nonesense affairs that are used as tools to spread the "word"... If that is the case then why is it that it seems 99% of those players have 3 thousand dollar pedalboards, redic amps, and fancy time guitars, with complex routing schemes, ample presets, and all the latest in blah.ah blah?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But as I understand it, the genre on a whole, as explained here by various players in defense of the boring style, P&W tunes are to be simple, no nonesense affairs that are used as tools to spread the "word"... If that is the case then why is it that it seems 99% of those players have 3 thousand dollar pedalboards, redic amps, and fancy time guitars, with complex routing schemes, ample presets, and all the latest in blah.ah blah?

Like any other variety of music, certain

• Members

At least P&W'ers actually PLAY OUT and USE their pedals. Unlike all these trolls that have $50K in gear just to play in their lil basements.

word. I play in church every weekend, and it's like anything else... the music is only as creative as the artist. I have a ton of fun rocking out every Sunday morning and what our band does is not boring or lame.

each church is different - like every Christian... and every band and every musician... some suck ass, some are awesome. YMMV

• Members

I find the genre utter boring, but whatever you like and is good for you..

But I do think that someone involved in a p&w band would be a modest person with a simple pedalboard, mostly because these are the ideas they want to spread, right?. So I find it weird that they use $5000 pedalboards and $5000 guitars when they don't really need them, it's the same feeling I get when I see The Pope dressed with golden clothes.

I don't think Jesus would play Dumble amps.

Archived