Anyone ever tried to stack choruses?

Northstar

• Members

I used a CE-5 with a Small Clone for a bit to get my chorus sound thick enough, and it worked well but kinda swallows the dry tone. Using chorus with modulated delays works better to get a more modulated tone

truth, been doing this with my Polychorus and Malekko 616, sounds great!

• Members

yeah i loved my 80s MIJ boss CE-2 so much i decided one day I need a second one... not only for back up but i felt i could get some wicked double chorus sounds, like the ibanez 80s double CS-9

it resulted in meh... didnt really do what i imagined two chorus's would do.

• Members

Sure - I had a BC-9 back in the day too (not mine, but it looked just like this):

f079003ad96a72451f8aa6eec20a3775.png

It's not bad, but I prefer to stack chorus a bit differently - I like to split the signal, then process each separately; IOW, try doing it in parallel, not in series sometime.
:wave:

wouldn't you get phasing problems doing it in parallel?

wouldn't you get phasing problems doing it in parallel?

Uh huh. :) Lots of comb filtering potential there, no doubt about it - and that can be a good or bad thing, depending on what you're after. However, if you have a chorus with a variable delay time, adjusting that so that they're at different delay times can lead to interesting things. :)

• Members
It's not bad, but I prefer to stack chorus a bit differently - I like to split the signal, then process each separately; IOW, try doing it in parallel, not in series sometime.
:wave:

Tri-Chorus FTW. It's really one of the only ways chorus doesn't sound horrible.

Archived