Budda Wah (Purple Label) vs. Crybaby GCB-95

AnneP

• Members

I've listed a Fuzzface for sale locally and I've just got a reply from someone offering a Budda Purple Label Wah as a trade. I already have a Crybaby, so that was not in my plans. However, is the Budda that much better than the Crybaby or is it 6 of one, half dozen of the other?

• Members

Like I said, I really don't have any problems with the Crybaby - it's just that I have no experience with the Budda. If it's a wash, I'm just as happy with the cash, but if there is an advantage to go with the Budda, then I guess it's a way (wha) to step up without spending money.

• Members

modded a lot of GCB-95s (various Revs) and had a Budda Wah...stock...budda hands down.

im rebuilding a GCB-95 atm (revG...first of the poweradaptors and off pcb jacks) buti cant do a comparison for you,as ive just gutted it...but heres a demo of the budda ifs its of any help

[video=youtube;nl29-wu5lLI]

• Members

the Budda is definitely a better sounding wah pedal

always thought the GCB-95 sounded a bit shrill and shrieky

and seems to have a no sweep at all going from the up position to the middle and then it sweeps like mad

I had a couple of older GCB-95s, at some point they just stopped working and never really felt totally comfortable with the GCB-95

then had a couple of Colorsound wahs (succulent sound, but very quirky pedals), a DOD FX-17 (fun), an old JEN (very nice) and a Budda

sold them all and kept a Jacques Singing Geisha and Teese Picture Wah

but the Budda was great, solid pedal, true bypass, great natural sounding sweep, nice 'n quacky, great tone roll-off when going heel down

and best of all, sounded great with fuzzes, dirt, overdrive

If your Fuzz Factory is a handpainted one, then you're not getting a fair trade, trading a Vexter FF for that Budda seems about right

Archived