Need pedal re-housed... How much?

chrisjnyc

• Members

Hey guys,

My Dano OD (CTO1) is on its last leg, and I need someone to re-house it... It needs new pots, but everything else should be good to use... already has a new switch.

Send me a PM, what it would cost to re-house it... as I really like this pedal, but don't want to spend a ton to fix her up.

:)

• Members

Ah, the Cool Cat Transparent OD v1. So controversial. Gonna be hard to find a v1 left anywhere anymore. I have two of the v1 fuzz pedals. I rehoused one of them... twice.

It's a pain to re-house them, honestly.

I wouldn't personally charge less than $60 to do it (includes the three new pots... they're cheap, whateva). New TB switch, in/out jacks, and LED would be recommended, new power jack required. A new TB switch is about $5 at PedalPartsPlus, power jack is $1... I could use a few more of those myself. I would expect the box itself to be provided by the person wanting the re-house. I usually order my boxes painted from PedalPartsPlus.

Really when building a pedal, putting the circuit board in the box with the jacks and pots is the hardest part. Populating a circuit board is monkey work.

Not that I'm really offering, but if nobody else wants to do it for less just let me know.

Archived