HNVHAD....

arthurdent'd

• Members

.....so I picked up a 1965 Harmony H-410 amp today from a local amp builder/guru, some of you may know him as Lord Valve from his reviews on Analog Man's site, and TGP. He works on Derek Trucks' amps, he knows his stuff. He tweaked it, replaced the caps and installed a grounded plug and replaced the speaker with a Weber that sounds great (I also got the original Jensen, needs a voice coil). It is a PTP class A vibro-champ like circuit with 12ax7 preamp, 5Y3 rectifier, 6AU6 for the tremolo and a 6BQ5 (similar to a EL-84) for the power section puts out about 4-5 watts. It has one volume and tone and 2 guitar, and mic inputs. The key to the juicy tones at low volume is using the mic input, it is much hotter so it breaks up early

From what I have been able to gather, these were made by Valco in Chicago, like many of the off brand amps of the day. It has a great bark, that sounds really cool with my Marshall lead twelve set clean.

DSCN1811.jpg

DSCN1810.jpg

DSCN1813.jpg

DSCN1817.jpg

here is the current rig......I need a pedal board, though I am not currently gigging. HNVHAD!

• Members

What kind of nut? I have a Tusq nut and it helps brighten up the Les Paul darkness
:idk:

I haven't decided....Tusq makes a Les Paul brighter ye say? Hmmmm....interesting. I was thinking bone or graphite......but maybe I should consider this. The Harmony is a darker sounding amp, sorta in the Ampeg end of the spectrum.

• Members

I haven't decided....Tusq makes a Les Paul brighter ye say? Hmmmm....interesting. I was thinking bone or graphite......but maybe I should consider this. The Harmony is a darker sounding amp, sorta in the Ampeg end of the spectrum.

I would take Tusq over those two you were thinking, it doesnt make it crazy bright but it just adds some sparkle

Archived