a Muff for live performcance ?

jontz71

• Members

i've recently ordered a fulltone 69 for chili peppers style dirt.

have always loved david gilmour and really digging the black keys. david G seems to use "civil war" style and black keys the "green sovtek russion"

since SUF has a 16 week wait was looking at wren and cuff models.

also don't want to get lost in the mix. any suggestions for a muff to hit those artist ? was thinking "box of war" by wren and cuff.

• Members

will check those out on youtube.
i did hear another string on the forums about a guy complaining his EQD Hoof gets lost in the mix ?

please keep sending thoughts guys.

I have a 3 knob hoof, and it has more mids than almost any muff I've ever used.

If he thought it got lost in the mix, it's because he shouldn't have been using muffs, and his amp is weak and/or scooped.

Stuff I would recommend for you:

Wren & Cuff Tall Font Green Russian

EQD Hoof

SUF Red Menace

SUF Civil War

EQD Monarch (I know this isn't a Muff, and it's supposed to sound like an Orange, but....It almost sounds more Muffy to me than the Hoof. It definitely feels more like a Muff)

(I had no idea the wait was 16 weeks for SUF. WHOA!)

• Members

I have a 3 knob hoof, and it has more mids than almost any muff I've ever used.

If he thought it got lost in the mix, it's because he shouldn't have been using muffs, and his amp is weak and/or scooped.

Stuff I would recommend for you:

Wren & Cuff Tall Font Green Russian

EQD Hoof

SUF Red Menace

SUF Civil War

EQD Monarch (I know this isn't a Muff, and it's supposed to sound like an Orange, but....It almost sounds more Muffy to me than the Hoof. It definitely feels more like a Muff)

(I had no idea the wait was 16 weeks for SUF. WHOA!)

these are great reccomedations, except i have no experience with the monarch. the hoof sounds rad and will not be lost in the mix unless you're doing something wrong. it's not as close to a traditional muff sound as the others are. for what it's worth, the civil war and the green russian muffs aren't terribly different. either one will get you in the ballpark of the other. the wren and cuff box of war looks really cool and i would love to play one someday.

• Members

I have a BYOC Muff clone that I modded w/ a Mids switch. Excellent pedal! Boosting the mids is pretty much essential for band use. I think the Pharoah and Musket are excellent choices. I just ordered a P19 which I'm pretty excited about. I have a Mayo "spec'd" on my breadboard now. The magic in that pedal is the trannies which I don't have, but I'm having good luck w/ some 5089s. And I'll add a mids switch.

But I definitely think you'd be happy w/ the Pharoah or Musket based on the demos I've seen.

Archived