EHX Cathedral Infinite repeat demo *VIDEO

Gaetano Paul

• Members

OK guys, I made a video demo'ing the Cathedral infinite repeats function! I have had this thing for 3 days now and am really starting to take a liking to it. Pulling it off the Emporium now! THis is my tweaked out FLerb setting, the settings are shown in the video, really not flerb at all as I have dove into the filter matrix (still trying to understand what that means) while tweaking it. I used to think how great a tweakable flerb could be, then I found the "flangeverb" preset in ABelton Live 8 and tweak the crap out of that, great, but now I got it in a pedal.

http://youtu.be/[YOUTUBE]Pcjldof-3Q8[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Is the infinite switch on the Cathedral identical to the latching "Freeze" effect?

no, not the same at all. I bought my Cathedral thinking I was getting another Freeze+Reverb, it holds the reverb'd signal only and takes a nanosecond to do so, the Freeze is instantaneous. the only solution is to own both. :thu:

• Members

wpid-imag0075.jpg?w=540

Infinite mod: posted before...

Simple: solder two wires to where the footswitch wires are.

Remove the footswitch and drill a hole (void warranty) for the switch.

Attach the two wires to an SPDT switch.

Mount, remount the footswitch, close up and enjoy.

Infinite hold without holding down the switch.

• Members

I play mine tabletop... I am pretty much all pedals, nothing on the floor except volume pedal. Don't play guitar.

There is not a lot of room in there... And a latching stomp switch replacement takes away tap tempo. Have to externalize that in a box, I guess. Guitarist Problems.

• Members

wpid-imag0075.jpg?w=540

Infinite mod: posted before...

Simple: solder two wires to where the footswitch wires are.

Remove the footswitch and drill a hole (void warranty) for the switch.

Attach the two wires to an SPDT switch.

Mount, remount the footswitch, close up and enjoy.

Infinite hold without holding down the switch.

cool mod if you don't want to hold the switch down but still won't react like the Freeze.

• Members

I play mine tabletop... I am pretty much all pedals, nothing on the floor except volume pedal. Don't play guitar.

There is not a lot of room in there... And a latching stomp switch replacement takes away tap tempo. Have to externalize that in a box, I guess. Guitarist Problems.

Makes sense, so a latching switch, would that allow to press once and it would hold, then press again to release it?

• Members

Yup. Nice video BTW... I should've said that first.

Thanks dude, I build/mod pedals a bit, sometimes unnecessarily so ;) anyways I am thinking I will add a latching switch, for once in my life I think this particular pedal does NOT need tap, though the echo setting has so much potential!

• Members

Thanks dude, I build/mod pedals a bit, sometimes unnecessarily so
;)
anyways I am thinking I will add a latching switch, for once in my life I think this particular pedal
does NOT need tap
, though the echo setting has so much potential!

that's funny because to me the tap function makes this pedal, different strokes etc.

Archived