I boughted a house wednesday.

Dr.Picklebottom

• Members

we moved some small stuff over last night and steam cleaned the carpets to get rid of the new carpet chemicals 'n {censored}. going to move more small stuff tonight and have hired movers to move all the furniture and whatever else is left saturday morning.

its pretty crazy, im exhauted but excited. im 34 and have lived in apartments since college and really looking forward to chasing people off my property.

weve got a huge screened back porch and a decent sized yard. basically everything was renovated, new oak hardwood floors, etc.

• Members

thanks guys.

awesome man! We are trying to close on our first house next week. {censored} has been stressful. Congrats on the new house
:thu:

yes, its is very, very stressful. piece of advice i was given and ignored that i suggest you take- go ahead and take a week or so off work while youre moving. theres so much {censored} that has to be done in terms of getting everything in your name, etc. im having to leave work early today to meet the gas technician this afternoon.
good luck and congratulations to you too.

• Members

ill post some pics in a day or two.

congrats!

...where is it - i mean how is the area around the house and the outlook etc.?

its a suburban type development that has larger lots than is typical for the city due to the fact its in an outlying area- a whole lot of nothing in most directions outside of my neighborhood.

• Members

sweet bro. I love the process of making a new house your home. It's so much work in the beginning, but there is no greater feeling than getting to settle in after you're finished. We bought our house about 3 years ago and it's a much more significant place to us than any other apartment we've lived in because its OURS. Good luck finishing everything up. Hiring movers was a smart move!

congrats! :thu:

• Members

:lol:
allowed? i feel its more of an obligation. were putting up a big assed fence at some point so i can drink/ mow the yard/ stretch naked w/o worrying about lookyloos calling the police on me for expressing myself on my own property.

weightbench in the garage, im old and lazy so im not willing to sacrifice my guitar room (3rd (smallest) bedroom) for some {censored}ing weights.

I feel that......

If I owned a house, i would want to be able to do ANYTHING in it......

Hunter-S-Thompson-pointing-gun-Athlete.j

Archived