Here's a question for you pretty little mutants..

Gremson

• Members

If any group of musicians congregating on the internet had opinions on gear aesthetics, it'd be HCFX.

I'm gonna order a Dream90 for the bridge of my Les Paul net week and I can't decide what casing I like better...

Here's the guitar.

IMG_0012.jpg

And either all chrome.

dr90husip90c.jpg

Or black with chrome edges.

gfsdr90blbow.jpg

What say you?

• Members

Well, this is turning out to be pretty easy.

I'm pumped to get that sound in the bridge position. I bought the Dream90 for the neck a few years ago and have gone through a couple different HB's in the bridge. I fought with the idea of a single coil in the bridge, because it wouldn't be as much of a Les Paul, but {censored} it. I think it'll be a great sound, and I get to bring back my FuzzFace!

• Members

I love the Firebrand. I'd love to get a second one to gig with since this has huge sentimental value, but it looks like the prices are starting to rise pretty fast. Looks like folks are starting to realize how great these guitars are!

• Members

I love the Firebrand. I'd love to get a second one to gig with since this has huge sentimental value, but it looks like the prices are starting to rise pretty fast. Looks like folks are starting to realize how great these guitars are!

Cool guitar, Jackson!

My first 'real' guitar was a 'The SG' from a year before the Firebrands (1979), but they're basically the same guitars. I friggin' loved mine. I had a Bill Lawrence XL-500 in the bridge and a SD Jazz in the neck - kinda looked similar to the vibe you got going on there...

oldgearpic.jpg

• Members

Thanks Mike!

Sweet SG, but what the {censored} is on top of your amp?

I thought you had a look at it when I brought it in to the shop. I'll be bringing it in soon to put in the new pup. Nic's irons are better than mine!

Nope I missed seeing it.

That was my $99 Mini Moog - couldn't play it for {censored} except we used to do this one Ultravox song and it was perfect for that:

[video=youtube;ZBnWL5Tj41c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBnWL5Tj41c

Archived