Oh wtf

CicadaSilence

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, you could just bend up to the 22 fret. But i like knowing it's there sometimes,

My Gibson L6S is 24 frets.

Oh and V...{censored}ing grats on that guitar. It is beautiful. I was so considering it!

Yeah I have 24 on my rickenbacker and it's a really nice feature having two full octaves on each string. Almost whammy-like sounds on the absolute highest fret.

Anyway, yeah. I tried some toronados at Sam Ash in New Haven years ago when they had only been out for a little while. I always kinda wanted one but the ones they had were somehow all like neon orange...not really my color of choice. Then i saw this one refinished in a kind of walnut color, which is pretty much my favorite color on an offset (or on most guitars) and also saw that it was set up to accept wide range humbuckers and was sort of like...ok yeah. Better snag that one quickly.

• Members

Yeah I have 24 on my rickenbacker and it's a really nice feature having two full octaves on each string. Almost whammy-like sounds on the absolute highest fret.

Anyway, yeah. I tried some toronados at Sam Ash in New Haven years ago when they had only been out for a little while. I always kinda wanted one but the ones they had were somehow all like neon orange...not really my color of choice. Then i saw this one refinished in a kind of walnut color, which is pretty much my favorite color on an offset (or on most guitars) and also saw that it was set up to accept wide range humbuckers and was sort of like...ok yeah. Better snag that one quickly.

So you traded the moog for then rickenbacker? Was it worth it?

Do it play good?

• Members

was iffy about it, then realized I really just want one of these:

jazz4.jpg

This is still pretty much the prettiest offset (and most awesome as I recall after trying one once). I am always a little bummed that it's a sig model, though. Ok, not that I don't like Elvis Costello but I am more into making my own "sig" out of the guitars I use so signature models kind of put me off a bit.

• Members

So you traded the moog for then rickenbacker? Was it worth it?

Do it play good?

Nah I already had a rickenbacker. I've had one for a while. My dad gave it to me as a graduation present.

I'm in the process of trading the moog for a really awesome guitar that's hand carved by my friend. Similar to that fretless I showed you but with a wilkinson trem and well...frets. I just have to prod him into actually finishing it.

Some interesting woods on it as well. It's a Marfin neck through, offset shaped, lacewood body caps (you know, on the part that doesn't have the neck through), mahogany body (I think), and some odd fretboard wood. I forget what it's called. It's kind of a dark rusty color but it's not bubinga or purpleheart.

• Members

Nah I already had a rickenbacker. I've had one for a while. My dad gave it to me as a graduation present.

I'm in the process of trading the moog for a really awesome guitar that's hand carved by my friend. Similar to that fretless I showed you but with a wilkinson trem and well...frets. I just have to prod him into actually finishing it.

Oh yeah! Dude post pics of the rick now and custom guitar when you get it!

• Members

That company is out of my home town. I've been down to their shop a ton of times and played a number of their guitars. Absolutely top notch instruments. Super great guys too, totally down to build you whatever you want. Would kill for on of their Relevators as a graduation present.

Archived