NGD: Hermida Reverb V2

jnepo1

• Members

I just received the latest version of the Hermida Reverb today, V2. It is what I expected from Alf Hermida, and just as good as the original, but now in a smaller enclosure. It comes w/ an EHX wall wart, but powers well w/ a good PSU. There is still a Benton Brick inside, just a slightly smaller version from the original. I have briefly A/B'd it to the original, and as expected, just as good. Just so you know.

• Members

Sweet. Might get one to A/B with my Mr. Springgy. Do you know if it can be run at 12v?

Never thought to ask Alf on the matter when I ordered it. It is digital and requires 75-100mA. If you raise the voltage to 12V, you are also increasing the mA, then you will need to place it in a tap to fit the mA requirements. It does come w/ a wall wart rated at 9.6V @ 200mA.

• Members

So, no? Not that there's a huge difference between 9v and 12v with the Mr. Springgy anyway.

And I didn't know the Belton's came in different sizes. Does it sound exactly the same as the original? No less decay time or depth?

• Members

So, no? Not that there's a huge difference between 9v and 12v with the Mr. Springgy anyway.

And I didn't know the Belton's came in different sizes. Does it sound exactly the same as the original? No less decay time or depth?

Yes, I didn't notice a difference between V1 from V2.

• Members

If you raise the voltage to 12V, you are also increasing the mA, then you will need to place it in a tap to fit the mA requirements. It does come w/ a wall wart rated at 9.6V @ 200mA.

Raising the voltage does not mean a raise in mA. You can lower and raise the voltage and mA independently. I'm not sure what you mean by a 'tap', but exceeding the required mA of a circuit doesn't require anything, and it is usually a good thing. A 1spot gives 1.2amps and you can power any pedal that is compatible with it's 9v negative ground supple, reguardless of mA requirements (unless it needs more than 1.2A, which is unlikely for any pedal).

As for raising the supply on the reverb pedal, the belton brick regulates the input supply to 5v, so increasing the supply isn't going to do anything for the brick. Perhaps for the buffer section around it, but that is something the designer will need to comment on (or if we can see a schematic).

Could you post a picture of the pedal? I've never actually seen one, just his work on the GGG reverb. Thanks!

Archived