New Ernie ball Cobalt

• Members

It annoys me to no end that they won't wind the 3rd string on their thicker gauge regular style strings.

I love the feel and sound of Ernie balls so I end up going with the Nickel wound which I love, but they are on the expensive side.

• Members

It annoys me to no end that they won't wind the 3rd string on their thicker gauge regular style strings.

I love the feel and sound of Ernie balls so I end up going with the Nickel wound which I love, but they are on the expensive side.

This, nothing beats a tightly wound G string.

• Members

Yeah, I don't understand why they don't. I have heard people use the excuse that wound 3rd of such a size will break and I say bull{censored}. I bend the {censored} out of my 3rd and I have never broken one from it. Always break last the last 3 out of all the strings.

• Members

im picking up a few packs once my local shop lets me know that they are in stock.

but it will be hard to switch from dunlop

:thu:I love dunlop too. I switched to them when they first came out. They sound excellent when they break-in and last twice as long as EB & D'A's. Send me PM or follow up on this thread. Let us know what you think of Cobalts.

• Members

Yeah, I don't understand why they don't. I have heard people use the excuse that wound 3rd of such a size will break and I say bull{censored}. I bend the {censored} out of my 3rd and I have never broken one from it. Always break last the last 3 out of all the strings.

Ya they are fine. Maybe its just cheaper to make the plated kind.

I use these.

366650.jpg

• Members

:thu:I love dunlop too. I switched to them when they first came out. They sound excellent when they break-in and last twice as long as EB & D'A's. Send me PM or follow up on this thread. Let us know what you think of Cobalts.

Dunlop here as well. Rev Willy's Mexican Lottery Brand. I bought 3 6-packs to keep on hand. GC doesn't stock these. They have more nickel than steel, but not a pure nickel wound. Last forever too. Prior to the MLBs I was playing Cleartone.

As for the topic...I remember a revolutionary acoustic string being out a couple years ago called "RED"Strings. I don't see them anymore either.

But, as I do with any new string on the market, I will give these a try. Eventually. Maybe. I still have a set of GHS Santana, Titanium Coated, Helix, and Thomastik-Infeld strings to try one of these days too.

• Members

I'd like to try them. I personally almost never break strings unless I'm doing something really stupid so I don't really mind paying a couple bucks more if they sound really good.

• Members

If you like a wound 3rd why don't you just buy a really light gauge D string? Most guitar shops around here sell EBs individually. Ive been curious to try Dunlop strings myself. I just ordered a set of Rev. Willy G's Mexican Lottery Brand 10 gauge. Im assuming they're just regular Dunlops with cool packaging. .

Archived