Craiglist 12-string content

That bridge, and the Gumby neck / headstock are probably the two most difficult Electric XII parts to get your hands on. You can have a body made easily enough, and Curtis Novak makes reproduction split pickups, and most of the rest of the parts are relatively obtainable... but without that bridge, your Electric XII build is finished before it ever gets started.

Later model Strat XII's have a different bridge IIRC.

• Members

I agree with Phil, I'd love one of these for the neck and bridge alone.

However, it does look ugly on a strat, looks perfectly fine on an Electric XII. So I think both points are valid enough ;)

This throws up one of those 'Why don't Fender reissue this guitar?' They haven't done it with the Starcaster and they haven't with the Electric XII but they should.

• Members

As an offset fan, that '66 XII is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. But $4,500 on eBay for one in SERIOUSLY worse condition than the beauty in the video seems excessive for a not-very-desirable instrument. Remember: Value (price) is solely a function of demand. But I like it far more than that Strat XII and wish Fender would RI either, but since they are putting out all sorts of Jazz/Jag new issues......:D

Archived