Fender introduces a multi-effects unit

Zetor

• Members

The M9/13 and Pod HDs will stay a cut above the rest until the competition recognizes the need/want for some kind of x-factor in addition to all the standard old-fashioned effects. Put in something crazy and unique that no other unit can do, then you've got a product to be reckoned with...

• Members

The M9/13 and Pod HDs will stay a cut above the rest until the competition recognizes the need/want for some kind of x-factor in addition to all the standard old-fashioned effects. Put in something crazy and unique that no other unit can do, then you've got a product to be reckoned with...

The Zoom G3 impresses me more than the M9/13 and HD500 did. When we're talking old fashioned sounds, Line 6 have been hawking those same delay sounds since the launch of the DL4. The M9/13 set the yardstick in terms of interface and ease of use rather than sound quality in my opinion.

• Members

Is that really a concern for most multi-effect unit buyers? I mean this forum is probably not the best representative sample of customers.

I'm sure we'd love to see something crazy and unique but aren't most people who buy multi-effects actually just looking for good models of the standard old effects for their cover band/church band/bedroom/whatever?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they could sell a few units with something new and cool, but I bet spending more time and money improving their existing classic effects models and lowering their prices is a better payoff for companies that make these kinds of boards.

• Members

Yeah I can see it that way, and wouldn't really expect anything crazy from fender anyway. My friend has a Mustang 3 and it does have some really good sounds in it. I guess I just like the "special effects" in my M9 and am always on the lookout for more; comet trails, particleverb, throbber, spin cycle, barberpole phaser, freq shift, stuff like that, that most other multis don't offer. Zoom is definitely on to something with the bitcrusher, I think the only other multi fx that ever had one was that old blue Alesis thing.

Archived