HCFX Pedal: Man vs. Beast, Robo vs. Robo vs. Ren

• Members

What's left to do besides deciding on the artwork?

I went with Robo's btw

We're hammering out the Kickstarter and assembly details, hopefully by the end of the weekend we'll have all of our ducks in order. For any non US/Canadian HCFXers, shipping will be an addition $10-$20.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We're hammering out the Kickstarter and assembly details, hopefully by the end of the weekend we'll have all of our ducks in order. For any non US/Canadian HCFXers, shipping will be an addition $10-$20.

Ok, just wondering. Blake mentioned the DIY thread that PPP takes around a month for screen printed enclosures.

• Members

Just sucks that both of the designs are a totally ripped off thing from that artist posted in the other pedal art thread. Not too original whatsoever, albeit it is pretty cool.

Having said that, I'd go with Robo's first one.

Pretty much this.

• Members

Just sucks that both of the designs are a totally ripped off thing from that artist posted in the other pedal art thread. Not too original whatsoever, albeit it is pretty cool.

Having said that, I'd go with Robo's first one.

Well, we only found out about that after googling the portmanteau I posted as a name suggestion. I had also asked robo if he could draw something matching that description before I saw any of that.

• Members

Ok, just wondering. Blake mentioned the DIY thread that PPP takes around a month for screen printed enclosures.

did you read Wbigsby's post? forwarded through robo

just FWIW, this was posted in one of the other threads:

Quote Originally Posted by WBigsby View Post

I will have access to a full-blown print shop after April 8th until the end of May. Been screen printing forever, if we can get it down to a 2 color without too much tiny detail (read: without halftones), I could whip a handful of them out in a day. As long as I get one for free So you can hire a pro for relatively little

might be worth talking to him about it

• Members

did you read Wbigsby's post? forwarded through robo

I talked to Wbigsby, and it doesn't look like he is able to screen the amount of enclosures required for the project. PPP is probably our best option, and a month isn't terrible, and besides that just means the enclosures will be ready by the time the PCB's are populated.

• Members

Well, we only found out about that after googling the portmanteau I posted as a name suggestion. I had also asked robo if he could draw something matching that description before I saw any of that.

This. I even based mine on a pict matt gnarly posted. I never said original...

I just worked on V's suggestions.

• Members

hahaha, no no. Just blehhh. Its like if the "Official HCFX album" was just a bunch of cover songs or something. I don't know.

It doesn't matter, you guys enjoy your pedal. FWIW, the drawing is really awesome and the concept is 10x as awesome. Ultimately I'm really glad I was turned onto that artist as I'm going to be getting a few of his prints made up and framed.

• Members

Being a postmodernist, myself, I don't mind if the name causes some butthurt as a "not HCFX-specific" name so that it then becomes an HCFX controversy and, thus, legitimizes itself as an HCFX drama name.

Actually, that was half of the intent. If this bothers you then the name is further legitimized.

problem_HCFX.jpg

• Members

In regards to people who don't have a high post count. This will take a bit to get the graphics and assembly done, so if you've joined not long ago it's probably not going to be a big deal. Besides...it's kickstarter. We can't ban you from buying one.

• Members

hahaha, no no. Just blehhh. Its like if the "Official HCFX album" was just a bunch of cover songs or something. I don't know.

It doesn't matter, you guys enjoy your pedal. FWIW, the drawing is really awesome and the concept is 10x as awesome. Ultimately I'm really glad I was turned onto that artist as I'm going to be getting a few of his prints made up and framed.

ultimately that is a cool story bro - thanks for sharing, we care a lot.

• Members

so...so..so waht youre saying is that youre not going to get in on this hcfx pedal?? :( you noble bastard.

Archived