HCFX Pedal: Man vs. Beast, Robo vs. Robo vs. Ren

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

can someone tell me what kind of pedal it's going to be? i haven't been paying attention--and everytime i ask i get a different answer.

From V:

It does indeed:

Here are clips of one I built for myself if people haven't heard it:

Octave Fuzz Lead:

Gated Octave Riff:

Various Gains (Lowest Gain>Medium Gain>Ge Mode High Gain):

60s Octave:

Normal Mode Octave on Highest Gain:

Nasal 60s Kind of Sound (Ge Mode):

Semi-Gated Ge Mode:

Super Thick Ge Mode:

Doomy Sludge

• Members

Do we all get a customized one with our name on it?

Wow, that would be amazing...but I guess it's too much work. Maybe the tentacles should spell out "HCFX"?

I like both Octophants a lot...my vote goes to renulua. He needs some more votes right now ;)

Hello good people of HCFX*

'tis the political season, and much to my surprise, I find myself in the running. I'd appreciate your vote. :wave:

bannt.jpg

My campaign manager keeps telling me I need to smile to appeal to the voters... this is what we came up with. ;)

My name is Phil O'Keefe, and I approved this message. *And even used HCFX instead of HCEF. That ought to get me an extra vote or two! ;)

• Members

are there any figures how much it will cost? and will there be international shipping as well?

We're still working on it. My latest calculation for building 50 pedals is that each will cost $49.65, for a total project cost of approximately $2,640.00 USD. This includes Screen Printing Set Up and screening fees at PPP, free pedals for the builders (approx. 5 people), as well as the shipping of the parts to PCB populators, PCB populators to V and/or me, and V and/or me to you. Keep in mind this is just a rough figure and is subject to change.

V and I have been talking about it, and it seems the best plan is to create a kickstarter where the minimum donation covers the parts and shipping. If you are feeling generous you can donate more and we'll divvy the excess funds up among the builders. Also, the $47.50 was calculated using Flat Rate Shipping in the CONUS, so if you are abroad it will be a bit more.

While this is being done as a labor of love, I would highly suggest adding a few bucks on to the minimum price, as this is going to take up a lot of time for the builders and it would be nice if they could buy themselves a few beers to numb the pain from the numerous soldering iron burns they are bound to receive. :)

• Members

We're still working on it. My latest calculation for building 50 pedals is that each will cost
$49.65
, for a total project cost of approximately
$2,640.00
USD. This includes Screen Printing Set Up and screening fees at PPP, free pedals for the builders (approx. 5 people), as well as the shipping of the parts to PCB populators, PCB populators to V and/or me, and V and/or me to you.
Keep in mind this is just a rough figure and is subject to change.

V and I have been talking about it, and it seems the best plan is to create a kickstarter where the minimum donation covers the parts and shipping. If you are feeling generous you can donate more and we'll divvy the excess funds up among the builders. Also, the $47.50 was calculated using Flat Rate Shipping in the CONUS, so if you are abroad it will be a bit more.

While this is being done as a labor of love, I would highly suggest adding a few bucks on to the minimum price, as this is going to take up a lot of time for the builders and it would be nice if they could buy themselves a few beers to numb the pain from the numerous soldering iron burns they are bound to receive.
:)

sounds great, let us know when the kickstarter starts and how to contribute :)

• Members

I will have access to a full-blown print shop after April 8th until the end of May. Been screen printing forever, if we can get it down to a 2 color without too much tiny detail (read: without halftones), I could whip a handful of them out in a day. As long as I get one for free
:)
So you can hire a pro for relatively little
:thu:

might be worth talking to him about it :thu:

• Members

just FWIW, this was posted in one of the other threads:

might be worth talking to him about it
:thu:

Ah, sweet. I hadn't seen that post. That would save a fair bit of cash.

As for kickstarter, I think we'll probably start one as soon as we decide on the name/graphic and that's how we'll take orders.

Archived