Dr. Scientist Tremolessence

• Members

I have a Goatkeeper but that almost always gets used along with my DMM with my Moog.

I was looking to get a dedicated tremolo for my guitar set up and this unit peaked my interest... I was going to just go with the Malekko (for the second time) but figured I'd ask HCFX thoughts.

• Members

The Diamond trem might be of interest to you since it has various rhythm modes, which can get fairly intense when combined with the on-off 'chop' mode. I don't have sound at the moment so I don't know for sure how it compares to the 'sequenced' stuff the GK can do, but I think it's in the same ball park. :idk: So you've got that, plus more typical trem sounds with it. Just no stereo.

• Members

I have one, it's great. as stated in the thread already - if you dont need tap tempo it's the bees knees.

If only it had the option for sine wave trem

to hear the difference between a triangle and sine you must have zero compression or any dirt going on in your amp

under normal circumstances I can't think about a need to have both (and I like my variety)

• Members

The problem I had with the Tremolessence, and the Semaphore, and a couple of others, is when they have that 2 speed switch, so you can either set it for the slower speeds, or switch over the really fast speeds, I always found myself wanting that speed that was close to right in the middle, so I found it a bit aggravating. I could be the only one though.

So I have the SolidGoldFX Stutterbox, and it has 2 independent speed settings. Not tap tempo, but really nice in that you can have your slower speed, then quickly tap on the speed toggle, for your faster setting. Also nice, it has a gain control, tone control, and the normal depth control too. Sine and square wave choices as well. Not super feature laden, but just really nice sounding as is, one of the more vintage like optical tremolos I've found.

The Fulltone Supatrem is good too, similar to the Stutterbox, but I like the speed choices better on the Stutterbox.

[video=youtube;Ke6ur0nUNKg]

Archived