Taiwanese CE2 for $75 - do I buy it?

slushpup96

• Members

Guitar shop or pawn shop? In a guitar shop, offer $50. Pawn shop, offer $30 - $40. And tell them if it was a Jap CE-2 you'd be willing to pay $75, but not for this one. The pawn shops are more likely to deal, because when the economy sucks (as it has for the last few years), they become cash-strapped from buying everyone's gold, diamonds, instruments, etc. and they need cash.

You'll like the CE-2, BUT... you'd like the Japanese model better if you compared them A/B.

• Members

imo not as good as a jap version, peopel say they sound the same, i disagree

but its worth that price easily

I agree, had a Taiwan version that I never really liked. Now have a Japanese version that is everything I've read about these pedals. Personally, I wouldn't pay $75.

• Members

Congrats on the CE-2 and that's a pretty good deal. I have a couple of friends who've had (1 still has) Taiwanese CE-2s and have been very happy with them. I was very lucky to find my Japanese CE-2 for $80 last year.

To those who have had both--what's the difference in sound? Is it that great?

• Members

Congrats on the CE-2 and that's a pretty good deal. I have a couple of friends who've had (1 still has) Taiwanese CE-2s and have been very happy with them. I was very lucky to find my Japanese CE-2 for $80 last year.

To those who have had both--what's the difference in sound? Is it that great?

its a very subtle differance i find the jap version is a bit richer sounding

• Members

Congrats! Enjoy your new chorus. $60 is a fair price for it, and the difference in sound between the two isn't nearly as large as the price difference would lead you to believe. And I agree with Harvester, its a better pedal than most of the new ones.

Archived