Ladies and Gentlemen: Introducing the DOD FX20 Phasor (video inside)

gambit

• Members

An incredibly cheap and incredibly good sounding phaser - OTA 4-stage phasing at it's most delicious!

retains high end and transparency where the Small Stone swallows and dulls your entire signal. no volume drop here. and the regeneration control is a lot more useable than resonance knobs i've experienced on other pedals. i still prefer it at zero though.

doesn't go stupid-fast but who needs those sounds anyway?!

(skip to 3:50 for El Cap)

(skip to 6min for looping)

[video=youtube;wLkoGq-ErQ4]

i sold one in the great pedal cull of 2010 and have been hunting one down ever since.. managed to snag this one a couple of weeks back. never letting it go now! CSB

• Members

yeah, i agree. i was listening to the demo while working on another tab and heard the tone get really nice for a second and i switched back to the demo vid tab to see what he just changed and realized he'd turned on the small stone. oh well, the DOD didnt sound bad.

What kind of setting was that on? Personally i think the higher 3/4 settings are bit better on the small stone.. But the slow rate with some seemingly dry signal on the FX20 is exactly what i'm after.

• Members

What kind of setting was that on? Personally i think the higher 3/4 settings are bit better on the small stone.. But the slow rate with some seemingly dry signal on the FX20 is exactly what i'm after.

oh, im sure its an entirely personal bias but yes it was some of the higher rate settings. the DOD didnt sound bad at all. especially with the slower rate like you said.

• 1 month later...

Archived