Australian dudes.

Stevenglass

• Members

I've been putting off this thread for a while now....But seriously this new dude Gotye had a song in the US thats on the radio every five seconds. It's a little poppy but seriously.....you have to listen to this guys stuff. He's a genius!

[video=youtube;oyVJsg0XIIk]

[video=youtube;le34ygtODfI]

[video=youtube;MpN1j8R5lZ8]

• Members

Wally is a genius. Great singer and drummer. But has the skills to sample, program and record, all with a musician's sense of taste. His albums are pretty eclectic, which makes it even more surprising and brilliant he's turned into a worldwide star. There's justice in the world when someone like this gets mainstream popularity.

(Full disclosure, my band is on his remix album. We used to share a record label. We took a 30 second track of his and wrote the rest of the song around it. We made him Dido to our Eminem. :D)

• Members

Wally is a genius. Great singer and drummer. But has the skills to sample, program and record, all with a musician's sense of taste. His albums are pretty eclectic, which makes it even more surprising and brilliant he's turned into a worldwide star. There's justice in the world when someone like this gets mainstream popularity.

(Full disclosure, my band is on his remix album. We used to share a record label. We took a 30 second track of his and wrote the rest of the song around it. We made him Dido to our Eminem.
:D
)

That's awesome man. clips!

• Members

That's awesome man. clips!

It's on YouTube (Fourth Floor Collapse/Gotye will get you there) but don't want to hijack a thread about Wally when his own songs are top class. He deserves all the success he can get. I have heard the record deals he's been offered over in the US have been pretty astronomical for this day and age and he can pick and choose the best.

• Members

It's on YouTube (Fourth Floor Collapse/Gotye will get you there) but don't want to hijack a thread about Wally when his own songs are top class. He deserves all the success he can get. I have heard the record deals he's been offered over in the US have been pretty astronomical for this day and age and he can pick and choose the best.

Dude, thats a great song. Thanks for sharing!

• Members

Dude, thats a great song. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks mate. Very flattered.

Like a lot of Perth bands, we're mates with Vool. They're incredible. They learned their craft playing to tiny crowds on Wednesday nights at the same venue we played to no one on Sunday nights. (I'm talking ten years ago or so).

• Members

Further proof that drummers make good songwriters. I'm not all that into his music, but it is nice to see more 'experimental' pop music making into the public sphere.

Also, Gotye has been around for some time. Like drawing blood was his second record and it came out in 2006.

• Members

Thanks mate. Very flattered.

They learned their craft playing to tiny crowds on Wednesday nights at the same venue we played to no one on Sunday nights. (I'm talking ten years ago or so).

man i remember the days where you could watch em on the floor of the hydepark hotel haha.

but damn i miss the grovsnor backroom...and i never thought id say it...the raffles.

• Members

man i remember the days where you could watch em on the floor of the hydepark hotel haha.

but damn i miss the grovsnor backroom...and i never thought id say it...the raffles.

Oh yeah. First time I saw Vool was in the frontroom of the Grosvenor. They had tech issues, were fourth down the bill but were still class on that night. Ahhh, nostalgia.

Archived