NPD: Hoof Content!

• Members

So, I picked this Earthquaker Devices Hoof off the spam thread for a decent price. I wasn't in the market for a muff style fuzz but I've liked all the demos of it and decided to pull the trigger. I'm happy I did. I was content with my Little Big Muff but the Hoof is just so much more versatile. I can cop general scooped muff tones as well as more distortion type tones. It also cleans up really nicely. CSB.

Here's a pic of my board (crappy iPhone pic):

2584225980099731816S500x500Q85.jpg

I had been using zip ties to hold pedals down but it just wasn't working out. I need to buy some velcro to keep them in place.

• Members

How's the Chrysalis? I am looking to replace my beloved DLS to get some different tones. It sounds great but my Tweaker can get the Marshall tones.

I like the Chrysalis a lot. But if you've got solid Marshall tones you may not be interested. Its sort of a one trick pony that way

• Members

Oh it's Marshally sounding too?

i would think so... curiously i use it into my marshall :| but thats because i've never been that fond of my amps dirt (this is a whole other story). I'd say the chrysalis provides a tighter version of the marshall dirt.

• Members

Still down with the Pharaoh? Did it replace the Hoof?

Yeah, I still have the Pharaoh

They're pretty similar gain wise really, but the ge/si switch on the pharaoh is pretty much the tone knob on the Hoof

You want smooth fuzz roll the tone knob back, you want rasp fuzz turn it clockwise you don't get a crazy increase in treble or bass but rather you change the fuzz character, used in conjunction with the shift its pretty cool

Archived