Texotica Reverb Tank

Aristotle

• Members

$599

EDIT:

I guess that's a pretty decent price. I forget what the Vicky Reverberato used to sell for, but I think it was around $700+ and with it you also got tube-driven tremolo.

Hard to really suss the tonal differences from a youtube, but that one has a nicer high end splash than the reissues or kits I've played. Sounded a lot like my OG '65 6G15 - those go for about the same money nowadays so that price is pretty fair considering.

• Members

It's funny - seems like most makers of 'vintage inspired' type amps focus only on the dirty overdriven type circuit sounds and rarely on the cleaner, richer sounding tones. You see a ton of 5E3 amps out there, 18-watt Marshalls, AC-15s, etc - nice to see something obviously vintage inspired and not following the pack.

• Members

It's funny - seems like most makers of 'vintage inspired' type amps focus only on the dirty overdriven type circuit sounds and rarely on the cleaner, richer sounding tones. You see a ton of 5E3 amps out there, 18-watt Marshalls, AC-15s, etc - nice to see something obviously vintage inspired and not following the pack.

I would love to see this as well.

• Members

I would love to see this as well.

This is why I love the old Gibson and Ampeg designs - they get dirty, but they don't completely saturate to the point of over compressing and losing their punch.

The Warbler/Juke amps are another company that do a similar thing only they put a whole lot more into their circuits - reverb, trem, pitch vibrato, etc.

• Members

Very nice, real tanks are the only way to go for springverbs, IMO.

Sounds basically like a 6G15 with different tone caps innit.

Hard to go wrong with that design. Even the stock RI ones with the wrong tubes in them sound pretty amazing.

• Members

Sounds basically like a 6G15 with different tone caps innit.

Yeah - it'll get way dark - mine won't do that. I don't particularly think I'd find use for those settings because I want my reverb to stand out - I mean, that's the whole point of having a 6G15 seems to me - but still it's cool they did something a little different. The 'regular' 6G15 sounds are there in spades that's for sure.

• 3 months later...

Archived