JHS Klon Clone is back, and more blatant than evar.

deviever

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Using the pronoun "it" is very dehumanizing. If you're unsure of someone's gender, try using "they" as a gender neutral pronoun.

If you used "it" deliberately as a dig at Devi, that's really not cool. Whatever you have to say about her can be said without resorting to that kind of thing.

Big +1 to this.

• Members

JHS is a couple miles from me. I've been to their store front several times. Definitely one of the better stores around. Lots of great used/modded gear for reasonable prices.

Here are pic of the guts of my Honeycomb tremolo. They recently discontinued this version and are only doing the deluxe version.

2012-03-18121613.jpg

• Members

Wouldn't be bad thing if he would get some of profits to the original designer.. I still like some of his pedals.

If all cloners gave money to the original circuit designers then Ibanez would be worth more than Apple.

• Members

What pedal can I try that is similar to a Klon? For quite some time I've read multiple threads about the Klon. Is there anything similar to it I can try?

lovepedal kalamazoo is essentially a klon from what i understand. honestly, if you get a klone from anyone who you trust to do a good job then you could get a great sounding od for cheap.

i keep mine on pretty much all the time, gain set near zero and volume all the way up. cant explain what it does, it just makes everything sound more alive. honestly not a big fan of using it as a dedicated overdrive.

• Members

JHS is HUGE amongst P&W guitar players. not entirely sure why :idk:

i know he got noticed a lot more when people found out all the fuzzes and stuff on the last switchfoot album were JHS....and possibly devi clones but i'm not getting in to that :rolleyes:

• Members

They've addressed all the old wiring issues, Josh admitted he isn't proud of it. They sort of blew up in popularity and were churning stuff up as fast as possible. He's a page from their site with gut shots and a couple of personal shots i took from my jhs pedals.

Also plenty of people put the centaur on klones. And why does JHS get all the flak and not the thousand other builders building them?

http://jhspedals.com/jhspedals/GUTS.html

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

• Members

JHS is HUGE amongst P&W guitar players. not entirely sure why
:idk:

i know he got noticed a lot more when people found out all the fuzzes and stuff on the last switchfoot album were JHS....and possibly devi clones but i'm not getting in to that
:rolleyes:

That's entirely because religious stuff and their own community sense, they support him because is one of "them". There are even some guys at TGP that endorse that brand without even having an actual JHS pedal!

Archived