JHS Klon Clone is back, and more blatant than evar.

deviever

In defense of JHS (I have never owned one) the guts may have looked like that at one time but don't anymore. I've seen a shot and it was as clean as any. Also that cartoon horsey was a custom graphic that someone asked for. Also they have repeatedly stated that they will only sell the clones until the Klon guy puts his back on the market again.

Like I said, I've never played any of their pedals, so I have no dog in this debate - but that all seems quite reasonable to me. :idk: Thanks for posting that. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've owned a pedal of theirs recently. I can't comment on the build quality much because when I opened it the circuit was free floating and heavily wrapped in black electrical tape.

As in many Devi pedals I had in the past.

• Members

Their recent stuff seems pretty clean, fabbed PCBs and all.

Kg2UR.jpg

i'm pretty sure these are designed and built by somebody else as well as their latest delay pedal.

JHS himself is the guy responsible for the {censored}ty builds and hackjob Arion pedal rehousing.

DSC04804.jpg

• Members

i'm pretty sure these are designed and built by somebody else as well as their latest delay pedal.

JHS himself is the guy responsible for the {censored}ty builds and hackjob Arion pedal rehousing.

DSC04804.jpg

I've seen several gut pics of JHS pedals.

All of them I saw looked like crap.

Then all of a sudden, JHS comes out with a "new" delay pedal, which was appeared to me a though it were designed and/or built by someone else.

The difference in the build quality between the "new" delay and all the previous JHS products were like night and day.

The delay was nice looking. The other ones looked like the after affects of a big spaghetti dinner mixed with Ipecac.

Archived