Dont be mislead, the BOSS VB-2 VIBRATO is worth every penny! Oh My Gee.

seifukusha

• Members

I had the Behringer but kept it just like 2 weeks or so. Man, it dont have the vibe..

Theres some much swirl and toss in this thing. The unlatch feature is quite cool.

It WOULD be a bit better if it went a bit slower, but I make do.

got mine $267 shipped, I have them under 300 time to time. Just saying....

I love this thing!

• Members

the ce-1? a bit different. ive tried a bunch of old japanochoruses. the only one i dig is the pearl ch-02 and the vesta fire sch-1. the vb-2 is a bit different.

The ce-1 vibrato is the best. I've always thought the vb-2 was very silly sounding.

• Members

Now I'm only listening on humble speakers but it seems like the CE-1 has
more feedback or
dry sound blended back in. Kinda chorusy.
The VB-2 sounds much more like straight up pitch vibrato.

It does.

With my CE-1, I also (as well as the normal chorus and 'vibrato' modes) like to use it in mono, with a dummy jack in the main output to make it a true vibrato in both modes. :love:

• Members

Thread needs pics:

VB2.jpg

Now I'm only listening on humble speakers but it seems like the CE-1 has more feedback or dry sound blended back in. Kinda chorusy. The VB-2 sounds much more like straight up pitch vibrato.

I can't speak to the CE-1, but you're correct that the VB-2 is very "dry" sounding.

• Members

I tried out the m9 a couple days ago with the full intention to go home with it. Honestly, the vibrato sim isn't all that great. Terrible precision over the rate and depth and of course no unlatch feature. It also sounds more chorus-y than the VB-2.
:idk:
I was a little let down (again) by the m9. I love the idea of it, but it just fails on too many levels.

I feel the same about the M stuff. I did like the pitch vibrato (not the analog chorus on vibrato) and the trems as far as the modulation went.

• Members

Relevant to my interests. I've never been let down by a vintage boss pedal, except maybe for the SG-1. Ever maybe tried any other vibe type peds in the $250-$300 range though?

word. I think my Deluxe Pitch Pirate can hang with this guy, sans latch/unlatch feature.

• Members

Now I'm only listening on humble speakers but it seems like the CE-1 has more feedback or dry sound blended back in. Kinda chorusy. The VB-2 sounds much more like straight up pitch vibrato.

The ce1 vibrato mode is a bit wetter than the chorus, but there's definitely still dry signal there. Sounds more resly to me than warped record vibrato.

• Members

the one I found for 25$ was worth every penny, the one I spotted later on for 90$ I did not get, VB-2 is decent, one of the best sounding Boss compact pedals, would not pay 100$ for one, should have bought that one I found for 90$, but I figured it was too much, I traded my VB-2 for a SP-1, sold that

now have the Behringer, sounds totally different

• Members

now have the Behringer, sounds totally different

see, i think so too, i didnt like the behringer, but alot of people say its 95% of the sound, but i just dont think so, This is more deep and 3-d, i think.

id be happy if it was $25, but 267 is a better price than most on ebay...

Archived