Any opinions on the Boss FB-2 feedback/boost pedal?

Karma1

• Members

I watched some demos on youtube and it looks pretty cool. One of my guitars has a Sustainiac and I love getting the feedback effect without having to stand in front of a cranked amp, but would like to be able to get that with my other guitars as well. Anybody here using one and have anything they can share about it?

• Members

I like it. I used it at a show tonight to push two cranked heads into a nice high gain sound (via a Stereo Polychorus). I've never really played guitar like that before, I've always preferred to get all my gain from the amp's dirty channel or a distortion pedal. This band doesn't need a clean sound.

The feedback function is quite cool, you can hold it down, move around the neck, bend notes and change pitch by moving the guitar around, but obviously you can't start walking around the stage. It sounds like natural feedback - which I believe it technically is.

• Members

It looks like one of the more expressive, interesting pedals Boss has released in years. I'll bet there's a ton of cool accentual stuff you can do with it. I would love to try one out.

Straight up anyone that wants to get rid of theirs for a PS-5, holla at ya boy.

• Members

the boss pedal predates cosm (i'm fairly certain). It's not real feedback but it can react closely enough. If you're playing loud it can get very close (and it might induce real feedback but I never used it at very loud volumes so I don't know).

The cool thing about the feedback is it copies whatever note you were playing when you hit the pedal and it holds it.

• Members

the boss pedal predates cosm (i'm fairly certain). It's not real feedback but it can react closely enough. If you're playing loud it can get very close (and it might induce real feedback but I never used it at very loud volumes so I don't know).

Which boss pedal? I thought the FB-2 was a relatively recent release.

• Members

I think the new one is like the old one in that it takes the pitch of your note and generates a tone that sounds like feedback based on that note. a compressor won't sound like feedback and it's not going to be infinite like the feedbackers will be.

It looks like one of the more expressive, interesting pedals Boss has released in years. I'll bet there's a ton of cool accentual stuff you can do with it. I would love to try one out.

This - all of it. I have not tried one, but the clips are extremely interesting to me.

• Members

I've got the original one. The new one interests me a lot. The original one was only interesting when you retriggered the hold often because it would 'grab' interesting harmonics of whatever you were playing. However, it sucked because what it would grab would then be static. I'm very interested in the realism that people speak of when they describe the new one!

I've got the original one. The new one interests me a lot. The original one was only interesting when you retriggered the hold often because it would 'grab' interesting harmonics of whatever you were playing.

I never thought of that - clever!

However, it sucked because what it would grab would then be static. I'm very interested in the realism that people speak of when they describe the new one!

Check this out:

[video=youtube;JkCV609wrG4]

IMO, that's quite a bit more "realistic" sounding than the old DF-2 - which was quite a pedal in its time.

• Members

IMO, that's quite a bit more "realistic" sounding than the old DF-2 - which was quite a pedal in its time.

The DF-2 was the first pedal I ever bought as a teenager. I loved that thing running into my 10w practice amp, but the new one is definitely far superior in terms of the feedback function.

Archived