Help me out here. Should I take a part-ex offer up? Custom Firebird and Tele content.

AimmarCair

• Members

Ahem.

1. 'The Foxy Roxy One'

002.JPG

This is an Oak bodied Firebird-ish guitar, mahogany neck, rosewood 'board. Pickups are from an 80s Gibson Les Paul Custom - 'Velvet Bricks' apparently. Either way they sound bloomin' marvellous. The top has had an active bronze paint - home brew acid - lacquer top, which dribbles beautifully over the edges. Really low action with 10s on it, plays and sounds excelllent.

More info/fotos
HERE

It will come with a hardcase/includes delivery

2. 'The Dust My Broom One'

008.JPG

This is a pretty trad Ash body, maple/maple necked Tele. Old Fender brass-saddled bridge, handwound Broadcaster pickups and vintage wiring from Mojo Pickups, complete with the worlds only Jooky logo'd capacitor (I know, too much already). This is everything you'd expect, and the pickups are up there with Brown Sugars/The Boss from BKP. Actually, I'd say better sounding to me, but you won't believe that until you try them.

Finish is rusted iron to the back, sides and headstock, with an acid-fried copper and bronze top.

More info/fotos
HERE

It will come with a hardcase/includes delivery

Only trades I'd really be interested in are Les Pauls, and I can add dosh for the right one... Paypal gift or bank transfer preferred, will come via Interparcel/UPS

Blah blah etc.

• Members

Main advice I'm needing is, do you think these will be easy to sell

I think they would be very hard to sell. .... very um, acquired taste.

That's why he's after a trade I would presume, he knows your JM is more desirable. I can't believe you are having trouble selling that to be honest.

• Members

The guy is a good salesman when it comes to writing descriptions but I want to know if they're actually good enough that they'll sell.

Saying the Tele has pickups as good as or better than Bareknuckle Pickups is a pretty big thing to say. That + Ash body + maple may snag a tele fiend but it's not worth the risk I feel.

• Members

I think they would be very hard to sell. .... very um,
acquired
taste.

That's why he's after a trade I would presume, he knows your JM is more desirable. I can't believe you are having trouble selling that to be honest.

I agree with all of this.

Archived