suggestions for more pedals to put on pedalboard

CB3874

• Members

Hello,

What else can I put on my board (pedaltrain 2) that would play nice with the others? They are all tru-bypass, powered by a Cioks DC10 and going through the effects loop on my Fender SuperSonic 22.

Effect Loop ->TC Electronics Polytune, -> Pigtronix Tremvelope -> Pigtronix Envelope Phaser --> EHX Memory Man Deluxe -> Effect Loop

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343965[/ATTACH]

• Members

attachment.php?attachmentid=343965&d=133

Here you go. Seems like you need some dirt/boost/fuzz. And I just happen to have two nice ones for sale :)

Seriously though, what about dirt, what's your amp, and what music do you play?

I see your amp now. Do you use it for all your dirt needs? A good boost might be cool though.

• Members

To echo pretty much everyone, I would seriously consider putting some dirt on your board. It is kind of contingent on what you play, but if you have time/what something unique on your board, I would look into DIY pedal building.

Also, for 'verb:

I used to have a Boost RVB. It was ace. Still loving my Hall of Fame though -- just not as 'organic.'

• Members

I'm pretty content with the dirty / burn channel & reverb on the SuperSonic 22. I like using the effect loop because it's seems less noisy (my opinion) than direct. I also like having nothing between the guitar & amp and the option to bypass the effects when not in use. At the same time, who doesn't like a good fuzz / OD pedal? I'm really digging the Jam tubescreamer ( http://www.jampedals.com/tubedreamer/ ) & Fuzz Phrase ( http://www.jampedals.com/fuzz-phrase/ ). Too many options out there! Does anyone out there use an additional OD / distortion / fuzz pedal on top of amp's dirty / OD channel?

• Members

Does anyone out there use an additional OD / distortion / fuzz pedal on top of amp's dirty / OD channel?

My amp doesn't really have clean and OD channels, but I do set it for a bit of cleanish jangly dirt and then run a boost and an OD into that. Sounds pretty sexy.

• Members

nice setup! I had the tremvelope, I liked it. I suggest a vibrato pedal, for no reason. other then I like vibrato. midi deluxe Pitch pirate or a VB-2 or which everyone seems the most useful to you. fuzz is alright, but I'm with you on your amp's reverb being enough. how about a looper, like a boss rc-2 or something. I don't know, this a vague question anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I got the standard germanium. It's a pretty darn cool fuzz. It sounds great with my tele. The fuzz is nonexistent when I solo the bridge PU on my SG but sounds great with both PU & Neck PU on. Now I'm looking to pickup a tubescreamer (Jam Tubedreamer+ or Ibanez) chorus (Analogman Chorus or JAM Chorus), and a Subdecay Octasynth somewhere down the line.

• Members

Hello,

What else can I put on my board (pedaltrain 2) that would play nice with the others? They are all tru-bypass, powered by a Cioks DC10 and going through the effects loop on my Fender SuperSonic 22.

Effect Loop ->TC Electronics Polytune, -> Pigtronix Tremvelope -> Pigtronix Envelope Phaser --> EHX Memory Man Deluxe -> Effect Loop

attachment.php?attachmentid=343965&d=133

If you like the dirt and reverb on your amp, dude, that's a sick set up. Leave it where it is and just enjoy playing the guitar! The only think I'd do is put the tuner on the top row and put your most used pedal from the top row right now on the bottom row so you can access it easier.

Why add more unless you need a specific sound you want to go for? Especially since you have it all in the effects loop, keep it simple dude.

Otherwise, add a micropog to the front end of the amp. The only thing you're missing is significant pitch shifting or octave capabilities. Complicates your cabling a bit though.

Archived