OT: Anyone seen New Order live?

• Members

I'm going tomorrow to Ultra Music Festival in Miami to see New Order and Kraftwerk. I know the latter always put on a great gig, but I'm concerned about the former. All the bootlegs I hear, they always sound like {censored}. Off time, Bernard Sumner off pitch, etc. I'm not paying any money so it's no loss if they sound like {censored}...but it would suck. AND without Peter Hook. :cry:

• Members

I saw them at Glastonbury about seven years ago (:eek:) and it was enjoyable (they have a pretty amazing repertoire, after all) but I wouldn't be prepared to pay much to see them. Joy Division seem to have been better live but I suppose Ian Curtis was very charismatic and the music was probably easier to perform.

• Members

I saw them at Glastonbury about seven years ago (
:eek:
) and it was enjoyable (they have a pretty amazing repertoire, after all) but I wouldn't be prepared to pay much to see them. Joy Division seem to have been better live but I suppose Ian Curtis was very charismatic and the music was probably easier to perform.

Dang man. You remind me that none of us will ever see Joy Division ever live :cry:

• Members

I've seen them Twice and at both shows they were great! Playing live isn't all about playing your instruments to Perfection. As long as the band give the audience a great time that is all that counts. Peter Hook not being there is a bit of a downer though but Gillian Gilbert is back in the band.

• Members

Yeah he does.

Really? Didn't seem to when I saw them today. How could he forget his own lyrics that he's sung over and over? They played mostly hits. Though, I was able to get back stage and meet them and he did say that playing tracks like Fine Time and Subculture would require revisiting from the whole band.

The lack of Hooky sucked, but the new bass player is great. Nice guy from France too, super personable. It was a blast, I had low expectations and New Order completely surpassed them and then some. :classic:

• Members

I saw them open for Depeche Mode in the early 90's and it was a snooze-fest. But then again I never really enjoyed their recorded music. I could never figure out what was good or creative about this band. Here's proof:

Oh I've just come
From the land of the sun
From a war that must be won
In the name of truth
With our soldiers so brave
your freedom we will save
With our rifles and grenades
And some help from God
I want to see my family
My wife and child waiting for me
I've got to go home
I've been so alone, you see

You just can't believe
The joy I did recieve
When I finally got my leave
And I was going home
Oh I flew through the sky
my convictions could not lie
For my country I would die
And I will see it soon
I want to see my family
I've got to go home

When I walked through the door
My wife she lay upon the floor
And with tears her eyes were sore
I did not know why
Then I looked into her hand
And I saw the telegram
That said that I was a brave, brave man
But that I was dead
I want to see my family
I've got to go home

Wut???

• Members

Really? Didn't seem to when I saw them today. How could he forget his own lyrics that he's sung over and over? They played mostly hits. Though, I was able to get back stage and meet them and he did say that playing tracks like Fine Time and Subculture would require revisiting from the whole band.

The lack of Hooky sucked, but the new bass player is great. Nice guy from France too, super personable. It was a blast, I had low expectations and New Order completely surpassed them and then some. :classic:

good to hear. wait..we did a deal? what did u buy?

• Members

Yeah i saw them in 2001 then in 2005/6 and he used them then, Maybe he's learned his lyrics by now, Prolly too much Pills back in the day {censored}ing with his memory heh.

• Members

I saw them open for Depeche Mode in the early 90's and it was a snooze-fest. But then again I never really enjoyed their recorded music. I could never figure out what was good or creative about this band. Here's proof:

Oh I've just come

From the land of the sun

From a war that must be won

In the name of truth

With our soldiers so brave

your freedom we will save

With our rifles and grenades

And some help from God

I want to see my family

I've got to go home

You just can't believe

The joy I did recieve

When I finally got my leave

And I was going home

Oh I flew through the sky

my convictions could not lie

For my country I would die

And I will see it soon

I want to see my family

I've got to go home

When I walked through the door

My wife she lay upon the floor

And with tears her eyes were sore

I did not know why

Then I looked into her hand

And I saw the telegram

That said that I was a brave, brave man

But that I was dead

I want to see my family

I've got to go home

Wut???

{censored} it man, He's never claimed to be the best lyricist.

• Members

I saw them back in ... Can't remember the year. It was boring as hell. They apologized for drinking too much Heineken the night before which shouldn't affect a keyboard sample and a sequencer. Opening up was Gene loves Jezebel and Echo and the Bunnymen. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz Boring as crap. No more boring. I've actually had more exciting craps.

• Members

I saw them back in ... Can't remember the year. It was boring as hell. They apologized for drinking too much Heineken the night before which shouldn't affect a keyboard sample and a sequencer. Opening up was Gene loves Jezebel and Echo and the Bunnymen. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz Boring as crap. No more boring. I've actually had more exciting craps.

Your new wave girlfriend wanted you to go?

Archived