How To Spot An English Dude In America

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Iconic in the late 19th century maybe, but American beer has moved on. America has the best beer in the world

How the {censored} would you know that? There are plenty of microbreweries over here; they can barely meet local demand and the chance of it ever getting exported are pretty much zero. If they made enough for you to try it it wouldn't be a microbrewery would it

• Members

I have nothing to contribute other than that I' drinking Fat Tire right now and it's delicious. In fact, I've had several. When I lived in the UK I kinda thought the beer sucked...so I asked for hard liquor and was given a {censored}ing TINY premeasured shot.:rolleyes:

• Members

What are you talking about? Behind America, England is the fattest nation in the developed west.

True if you don't class Canada and Mexico as being developed :D That said, the 2009 stats say that 10% more of the US population is obese compared to Britain. That's a huge statistical jump.

http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/1/61/49716427.pdf

• Members

I have a German friend who always drinks the beer of the country he's in, so in France it's Alsatian beer, in Belgium it's Stella Artois, and in the US, it's Budweiser. I said "How can you drink that piss? Why don't you try this? It's American, too." and handed him a Sam Adams.

• Members

True if you don't class Canada and Mexico as being developed
:D
That said, the 2009 stats say that 10% more of the US population is obese compared to Britain. That's a huge statistical jump.

http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/1/61/49716427.pdf

I went and double checked the news article I was thinking of from the other day in my google news feed....It was from the Daily Mail :facepalm:. Fail on my part indeed.

Pretty sure a lot of countries have great beer.

Indeed. :)

I have a friend who is a real beer connoisseur - he's not only very knowledgeable about beer from all over the world, but he brews his own too. I'll have to ask him if he has a favorite... but IMO, it would be pretty hard to say a single beer is "the best in the world" - there are simply too many microbreweries and DIY brewers to have any reasonable opportunity to taste (and therefore judge) everything that's available.

• Members

If you consider Budweiser, which was technically made by germans, to be the definitive "american beer" because it sells the most, I'd have to say it holds up pretty well to the best selling pisswater of other countries: Molson, Fosters, Carling, Heineken, Sapporo, Corona, Stella Artois, Becks....

Also, the "point" of Budweiser is pretty much to get {censored}ing tanked on the cheap, not sip like a fine {censored}ing wine.

Archived