How To Spot An English Dude In America

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Over here, you'd never know it. I don't recall the last time I saw a US/Canadian beer that wasn't Bud or Coor's (etc). I think I might have seen Sam Adams once or twice. As much as we have fantastic breweries and beers beyond measure over here, I'd still like to be trying the stuff I hear about in places like this....

But the average pissheads in my experience either don't care for anything that isn't completely tasteless (Carling, Fosters, etc) or actively dislike anything that isn't. They also don't seem to know that real ale and strong English ales, porters and stouts aren't the only choices in the big wide world of good beer. There isn't any shortage of good IPAs, Trappist beers and the like.

Oh, and Bud is pretty popular over here.

• Members

Go to an English Pub and they will be the ones drinking Budweiser from a bottle... So what if America has a formidable micro beer culture, they will still be drinking bottled piss.

How to spot a miserable {censored}: he's in a pub, beer is flowing, there's live football on the screens, and he's still {censored}ing moaning about something.

• Members

I'd rather have an ice-cold Budweiser than a {censored}ing PBR. That said, both are {censored}.

How To Spot An English Dude In America?

It'll be the guy who is not fat.

What are you talking about? Behind America, England is the fattest nation in the developed west.

Archived