recommend me the best Tube Screamer

zafreth

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As a stand alone od pedal or as a boost?

Not that I can give an educated answer either way...it just seems like it could be relevant to the recommendations being made.

fwiw I have a Barber LTD that was cheap and amazing.

• Members

As a stand alone od pedal or as a boost?

Not that I can give an educated answer either way...it just seems like it could be relevant to the recommendations being made.

fwiw I have a Barber LTD that was cheap and amazing.

As an OD alone, please

• Members

Most of them are good. I used a TS-9 reissue for a while (the $100 one) and I liked it. I tried the Maxon OD-808 (about 9 years ago) and it was similar but a little cleaner. I'm not an equipment crazy type but I liked it a little more.

That being said the TS-9 was good too. Just go try a bunch of them and see which one works for you. I set it kind of clean because I use it with a Klon pedal which is a great combo IMHO.

I've owned several TS pedals. My current favorite is the HBE Power Screamer, but I've had good luck with run of the mill TS-9 reissues too. Even the old TS-5 can sound really good, even though it is built into a cheap plastic case. The TS-808 reissues are decent too, but a little on the expensive side. I don't know about the new anniversary models or the hand-wired version they recently released.

• Members

Just posting to say that I hate the switches on the -9 series with a passion. I've sold so many of those series pedals over time after cleaning, and fixing the switches over and over. Eventually, I just got fed up with them being unreliable and sold all of them off or gave them away. I've only got a modded TS-9 now and it's been modified with a better switch.

To the OP, buy anything other than a TS-9.

• Members

+1 on the Green Rhino. Great versatile pedal. The Visual Sound Route 808 is a good TS style pedal as well, with a bass boost switch.

I've also been very enamored of this lately, an insane amount of gain available, incredible clarity.

CusackScreamer.jpg

• Members

wow i'm overhelm with all the good answers... i think i can afford three of the mentioned pedal so in no order which recommend me?

i'm partially with the way Huge after i saw this video:

[video=youtube;ulCc16SkN2I]

Archived