Why isn't the Neunaber Wet more popular around here?

OMTerria

• Members

It's small, simple, moderately priced, and sound {censored}ing amazing. It gets a good bit of love on TGP, but not so much around here it seems. It'd be cool to run it with an RV-2 or RV-5, but it works very well on it's own for anything I've thrown at it.

• Members
:idk: It's still well worth it for the new price I think, it's just $50 more than the Boss, Hardwire, or TC Electronic and is worlds better overall. It can do a lot more than you'd think too. I got mine for $140 used and while I'd still like to try the Blue Sky I can't really imagine it sounding twice the price.

• Members

There's a good bit on YouTube. I'd grab some links, but I'm posting from my mobile right now so it's kinda tough.

I don't think it's a one trick pony. You can get spring sounds, huge modulated washes, big but not overwhelming hall sounds. It doesn't particularly fit into any certain reverb sound but both knobs have an incredible range and it reacts well with your playing. What are y'all playing that's better and cheaper? I like the Boss and Hardwire stuff and the TC isn't too bad but the Wet is definitely in a different league. Far better at least for any of the bigger reverbs or more ambient sounds.

• Members

I've still got a huge boner for this DR. Scientist. I have yet to find a bad sound in it. it changed me from a hater to an overuser. I'm hooked.

That's not one I've really liked the demos of. I'd like to try it out in person though since everyone who tries it seems to love it.

• Members

Ya, the Wet is the {censored}. I sold mine and have been through a couple others but I think I'm going back. Simple and great sounding. $180 now since the stereo version was released. Nothing else I've owned has been near as great for just a simple, huge sounding reverb. Surprisingly versatile considering it only has 2 knobs as well. Currently have a SubDecay Spring Theory that's alright. Nice room sim but I hate spring so I don't know why I bought it in the first place. :lol:

• Members

I've tried one. It struck me as sort of too 80s sounding for my style.

I'd like to try the spring theory, though. I love the Space, of course, but I am curious about that one.

• Members
The 80's are cool
:cool:

a lot of people here seem to be into the experimental/ambient/post rawk/shoegaze thing which this rules at.

this may be true, but does it rule as much or more than what us experimental/ambient people are using already? I feel if it did then it would get the attention it deserves.

sounds like its just a fanastic sounding reverb! and nothing more which would suit my needs perfect. I was trying to hunt one down for a good price and a DR scientist one just came up first so i grabbed that and it does a fine job.

• Members

this may be true, but
does it rule as much or more
than what us experimental/ambient people are using already? I feel if it did then it would get the attention it deserves.

sounds like its just a fanastic sounding reverb! and nothing more which would suit my needs perfect. I was trying to hunt one down for a good price and a DR scientist one just came up first so i grabbed that and it does a fine job.

Well, it's a completely different beast from the Space and Blue Sky, but I'd wager the sound is just as good. It gets a lot of rack reverb comparisons. I can sorta see that. It doesn't exactly sound realistic but it's definitely more high fidelity than a Boss plate or hall. Not that I don't like Boss verbs of course but the difference is really obvious.

• Members

I discounted the Wet when it was mono, because I like splitting my signal here to my 2 amps. But the Stereo Wet could be interesting to try. But truth be told, I really like the HoF, it does pretty much what I want in a simple reverb, and sounds good to me. But if I get the upgrade bug, it would probably be a stereo Wet.

• Members

'high fidelity' reverbs turn me right off.

I'm hoping its just a current phase with the 'modern' reverbs, and more people start using reverbs with lower sampling rates again for the mojo'z.

Kind of like how delays went digital before people realised that the earlier BBD 'analog' delays can sound a lot better for many things.

• Members

What's interesting about the Stereo Wet is that I've seen a lot of people buying them and selling their Mono Wet Reverb, but using it in mono. Is there a big difference between the two?

I think they have a tone control too, isn't that the only additional control?

Archived