Digitech Whammy cork sniffing...

gambit

• Members

i really couldn't care less about v.1 versus v.II, or the latest v.4 (what happened to 3 anyway?! :idk: )..

but... just out of interest, do any of the old Digitech RP-3/5/6's etc use the same processor that the v.1 whammy guys go after?

i've never read anything about people looking the RP's up, so maybe not, but they're from around the same era aren't they?

• Members

Tom "SmugAs{censored}WithMyWhammy1" Van Deven speaks the truth.

:lol:

Hey man, I've had three WH-4s in the past, I've earned my wings. If I didn't get such a baller deal on this one, I wouldn't have ever considered buying.

• Members

The Whammy II less so because of the stupid input gain trimmer preamp and ridiculous bypass/preset switching layout. Booo-urns.

The input trimmer on the II isn't a problem for me. I've A/B'd back and forth with a bypass looper and couldn't detect any tone coloring from it. Also there's nothing ridiculous about the bypass/preset setup. I love the fact that you can scroll thru the presets... That alone puts it above all the other iterations of the pedal IMO. The preset scroll switch has to be on the bottom otherwise you wouldn't be able to see what mode you were selecting. It works fine and I have no trouble bypassing the pedal the way it is setup.

Perpetuating myths FTL

• Members

The input trimmer on the II isn't a problem for me. I've A/B'd back and forth with a bypass looper and couldn't detect any tone coloring from it. Also there's nothing ridiculous about the bypass/preset setup. I love the fact that you can scroll thru the presets... That alone puts it above all the other iterations of the pedal IMO. The preset scroll switch has to be on the bottom otherwise you wouldn't be able to see what mode you were selecting. It works fine and I have no trouble bypassing the pedal the way it is setup.

Perpetuating myths FTL

Hey man, I'm glad it works for you. I'm just going based on general consensus, which I can understand and agree with. Theres a reason the Whammy IIs arent fetching the prices the originals are.

• Members

Perpetuating myths FTL

+1

Archived