Anyone have something good to say about the L6 M5?

Crxsh

• Members

For situations like yours I think it's perfect but I really think a used m9 is a better buy regardless of your need for the extra features. It's one of the few pieces of gear I won't sell because it really is a well executed all in one solution. I suppose that's a bit unrelated to your situation but I think it's something to consider at the same time

• Members

Its not a bad pedal, but the M5 in comparison to the M9, I don't think I would rely on it as much. Because the M9 can be that all-in-one solution, the M5s simplicity can sort of negate it to an every so often pedal. Sure you can scroll through effects and patches and whatnot, but it is a pretty inconvenient method of operation in comparison.

Saddest part, no looper. :cry:

• Members

Its not a bad pedal, but the M5 in comparison to the M9, I don't think I would rely on it as much. Because the M9 can be that all-in-one solution, the M5s simplicity can sort of negate it to an every so often pedal. Sure you can scroll through effects and patches and whatnot, but it is a pretty inconvenient method of operation in comparison.

Saddest part, no looper
:cry:

This was the deal breaker for me

• Members

Thing is... I've tried to make the M9 work with my setup. Twice. And wasn't successful either time.

Now... I'll be the first to admit that, as an all-in-one, the M9 is amazing -- but that's not really what I want here.

That said, I am trying to weigh whether or not I'd ever want to run more than one effect at a time from it.

Really seems like they dropped the ball not letting you set up 'scenes' like on the larger units. :(

• Members

M5 or iStomp. Hmm... (sarcasm)

M5 FTW.

It never fails, you make something cool that can do a single effect at a time or 3, and everyone wants one that does 2. LOL

I really liked the M13 myself. But like everyone else, it could only give you sounds from 5 of its 6 effect types at one time.

My only disappoint is the UniVibe and Chorus models. Everything else is money.

• Members

I didn't like how clunky it was to switch presets. too many steps to switch to the next preset. it was like hold both buttons down, cycle to your preset, hold two buttons down, press left betton to turn on effect. I found myself often having to try multiple times to hit both at the same time, as it was very finnicky at times.

also didn't work well with PP2+

but I miss having those effects. the quality of the effects in those things is {censored}ing awesome. I could easily replace all my mods with that AT LEAST!

• Members

I didn't like how clunky it was to switch presets. too many steps to switch to the next preset. it was like hold both buttons down, cycle to your preset, hold two buttons down, press left betton to turn on effect. I found myself often having to try multiple times to hit both at the same time, as it was very finnicky at times.

Feel dat.

But there are different methods of setting up the presets. You can do it so they load immediately just by pressing one switch, if you want.

• Members

Why not try the Zoom G3? A lot more versatile than the M5, supposedly it sounds a lot better too, plus for the same price, you can have 3 patches at once, looper, 3 screens that are better...seems like a no brainer to me. I've been considering one myself.

• Members

Why not try the Zoom G3? A lot more versatile than the M5, supposedly it sounds a lot better too, plus for the same price, you can have 3 patches at once, looper, 3 screens that are better...seems like a no brainer to me. I've been considering one myself.

I'll look into that. Seems kinda big though... not to mention excessive. And the idea of Zoom amp modeling is a bit of a turnoff.

Archived